• 9 p.m. – CSI: NEW YORK
• 10 p.m. – BLUE BLOODS

Saturdays
• 10 p.m. – COMEDY NOW! **NEW SEASON**

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New and returning summer series unfold chronologically as follows (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times):

NEW SERIES

LOVE IN THE WILD – Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET beginning June 1

EXPEDITION IMPOSSIBLE – Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET beginning June 21

THE BORGIAS – Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET beginning June 21

TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN – Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET beginning July 28

RETURNING SERIES

LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT – Premieres Sunday May 15 at 8 p.m. ET – NEW SEASON
* Episode two airs Sunday, May 22 at 7 p.m. ET
* Episode three airs Sunday May 29 at 8 p.m. ET
* Moves to regular Sundays at 9 p.m. ET beginning June 5
LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT returns for its final farewell with eight all-new episodes.

HICCUPS – Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on May 30, June 6 and 13 – NEW SEASON
* Moves to regular Sundays at 8:30 p.m. ET timeslot beginning June 19

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE – Special two-hour premiere Thursday, May 26 at 8 p.m. ET – NEW SEASON
* Moves to Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET beginning June 1 and Thursdays at 8 p.m. beginning June 2

DAN FOR MAYOR – Sundays at 7:30 p.m. ET beginning June 5 – NEW SEASON

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA – Mondays at 8 p.m. ET beginning June 20 and Tuesdays at 8 p.m. beginning July 5 – NEW SEASON

HOT IN CLEVELAND – Sundays at 8 p.m. ET beginning June 19 – NEW EPISODES

FLASHPOINT – Fridays at 8 p.m. ET beginning June 17 – NEW SEASON
* Encore episodes return Fridays at 9 p.m. ET beginning May 6

COMEDY NOW! – Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET beginning June 4 – NEW SEASON

·
Registered
649 Posts
You beat to the question reidW.....This show airs presently on Bravo in SD (I think it's this show) and I too have been waiting for it in HD and hopefully uncensored
Lest hope CTV can deliver the goods or shall we say BELL MEDIA.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
@dirtyshirt: At least "...Dance Canada" is produced here. I just watched a program about the running of Grand Central Station in New York. I thought it was American production but I was flabbergasted to see the logos for several Canadian provinces and the Government of Canada included in the credits which means it was financed by us. That's as bad as Property Virgins a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Canadian Shows:

DAN FOR MAYOR
HICCUPS
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
THE BORGIAS
FLASHPOINT
COMEDY NOW!

EXPEDITION IMPOSSIBLE is shot in Morocco, but at least the host is Canadian.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Blackloz, Law & Order: CI was shunted to the cable USA Network a few years ago. Glad that this final season is going to be on CTV since Goren and Eames are back, although with a new boss.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Law & Order: CI now premieres on USA Network and repeats on the NBC summer schedule. Episode 1001 "RISPETTO" was on USA May 1 and looks like it will air on NBC on May 28 before switching to Mondays.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
That's good to see - it is by far the best of the various L&O series. Pity this is the final season, but ya never know...

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ABC announced the following schedule changes, so I expect CTV will follow:

“EXPEDITION IMPOSSIBLE” PREMIERES THURSDAY, JUNE 23
“TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN” PREMIERES TUESDAY, AUGUST 2

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally Posted by reidw
Will The Borgias be uncensored?
It won't be censored, per se, but apparently will be edited to fit a one-hour with commercials show slot. Unedited it runs over one hour, throw in commercials and it's def. over. On Bravo the eps have been running 70 - 80 mins.

So some of it will be cut out, much like The Tudors was edited for time on CBC. Will we notice? I don't know.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
It won't be censored, per se, but apparently will be edited to fit a one-hour with commercials show slot. ... So some of it will be cut out, much like The Tudors was edited for time on CBC. Will we notice? I don't know.
Well I noticed the cuts on the Tudors and some eps. of Dr. Who. It was my hope that CTV would let the shows spill over a few minutes into the next time period. I assume that because of the subject matter The Borgias will be broadcast at 10:00 PM local time. Delaying the news at 11 for five or ten minutes wouldn't be too much to ask. Do you know for sure that the program is going to be made to fit into a strict one hour slot?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't know for sure it will be edited for time…

See this post, in the Borgias Thread.

After reading that post at the time I googled elsewhere and there was a lot of talk that the CTV airing will be shortened.

I guess we'll have to see.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Summer Schedule Updates

From the June 6 press release:
  • SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA *Season 4* Monday, June 20 at 8 p.m. Episodes also air Tuesdays beginning June 28 at 8 p.m.
  • 101 WAYS TO LEAVE A GAME SHOW *Series Premiere* Tuesday, June 21 at 8 p.m. Episode 2 airs Tuesday, June 28 at 9 p.m. on /A\ before settling into its regular timeslot on CTV on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. beginning July 5
  • EXPEDITION IMPOSSIBLE *Series Premiere* Thursday, June 23 at 9 p.m.
  • LOVE IN THE WILD *Series Premiere* Wednesday, June 29 at 10 p.m.
  • THE BORGIAS *Season 1* Tuesday, July 5 at 10 p.m. World Network Premiere
  • TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN *Series Premiere* Tuesday, August 2 at 9 p.m.
  • FLASHPOINT Fridays at 8 p.m. Currently, encore Season 3 episodes continue on Fridays. A new date for Season 4 premiere, previously announced as June 17, will be announced soon.
My guess is that the new season of FLASHPOINT starts July 8 after the July 1 & 4 long weekend in Canada and the U.S.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
[*]FLASHPOINT Fridays at 8 p.m. Currently, encore Season 3 episodes continue on Fridays. A new date for Season 4 premiere, previously announced as June 17, will be announced soon.
What are "encore episodes"? Is that a fancy name for Reruns, or are there episodes that CTV has not broadcast?

I checked Wikipedia, and they list 13 episodes for season 3, all of which I have seen, so I am confused as to exactly what this announcement means.

I just checked the JAM (Canoe) TV Listings, and they show the June 17 episode as being the season 3 finale called "Fault Lines", which I have seen.

Mods - should this be moved to the Flashpoint discussion?

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Encore episodes" are reruns on CTV. The episodes now showing were on CTV this past winter, but were never broadcast on CBS, so different web sites may show different info.

CBS uses Flashpoint as a summer series since it wouldn't get enough market share during the fall/winter season to survive in the U.S. Ratings are much better in Canada, so CTV was willing to run new episodes in the winter when the CBS contract ran out and they didn't sign a new one until recently.

The season 4 episodes coming in July will be new to everyone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts