Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened, during the coach challenge of nyj-pitt, ctv lost signal for a good 10 seconds, and missed the the whole replay/explanation.

pretty important play, not a TD, but its going to happen one of these times...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Hello, This is the CRTC. Let me explain our policies to you.

Occasionally you will miss key parts of a telecast thanks to the simsub rule. We understand that Canadian networks are incapable of fully replicating the original feed in tact when simsubbing, because copying a TV show is very technical (just imagine actually producing one), and the half-a-staff CTV has isn't very capable.

In 2 weeks, you might miss the Superbowl winning touchdown, but that is OK. Simsubbing will stay forever because it is working. Look at all the great original shows CTV and Global are airing every weeknight between 8 pm and 11 pm.

Thank you for your understanding, and enjoy the game.

The CRTC

·
Registered
184 Posts
followup: what do storm troopers running around posters and cutouts of american TV shows have to do with football?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Not as bad as the ones they had before with the horrible music.

I know I'll defend CTV on a lot of things, but it is simply inexcusable that they cut out the Lamar Hunt Trophy presentation to show repeats of The Big Bang Theory. You can bet if they had a CBS to simulcast following football they would have stuck around for the trophy presentation.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The one point in their favour was that the volume level of the commercials was noticeably lower than the volume level of the game telecast :)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
The CTV feed was tripping out our TV like crazy, blanking every 5-10 seconds.
CBS (subbed) feed was clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts