• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CFCF-DT Montreal has been authorized on real channel 51 (it will be remapping to virtual channel 12-1). That was the final regulatory step for the station.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
CFCF-DT

Coooll:cool:
thanks Stampeder
wish they will stay on air after the superbowl..until aug, 31:rolleyes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think CFCF12/CTV will stay on after the Superbowl. Just image the negative reaction that would follow if they do stop transmitting after the Superbowl. All those upset viewers who had to watch the CTV feed instead of Fox...ouch!

I'm surprised through there hasnt been any live testing yet considering the game is 8 days away.

Cheers, K!

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
As Stampeder has noted, CFCF-DT only received authorization from Industry Canada yesterday. They couldn't have gone on the air without it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I received a report (with accompanying TSReader data) that CFCF is now on the air. Anyone else seeing it?

- Trip

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep CTV 12-1 is on the air. Showing 70-80% on CM-7000 with antenna pointing at Mt- Mansfield.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I'm at work. I just checked, the CFCF-DT signal (12.1 , rf 51). And yes, it's coming in at about 51% signal strength with a indoor antenna at around the Atwater Metro station area.

This is very good news that it's coming in at such a good strength with such a low UHF power use on channel 51. When CJNT-DT begins, it's signal will probably be received by most people in Montreal on UHF 49 with 4kw of power.

I'll check the signal at home later.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
97%

turned my antenna , now aiming at Mt-Royal:

on my Toshiba signal 97 % SNR 31
CM7000 100%

·
Registered
172 Posts
So now that CFCF is on the air, we got the advantage over the sat/cable for the superbowl and their commercials!! Hopefully people will start paying more attention to OTA.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The OTA En Francais thread says that CFCF is on the air. Enjoy, Montreal!

·
Registered
43 Posts
CFCF HD

100% reception with a DB8 pointing at mount Mansfield! I'm in Pointe St-Charles!

·
Registered
220 Posts
CTV-DT on UHF 51 is on air

Hello,

if you have not seen in the Montreal forum, CFCF 12 DTV is now on air on UHF 51

I am receiving 90% in Laval Ste-Rose with my 4-bay bowtie mounted in the attic

Does anyone know if this is for testing only or is-it there to stay?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.