Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
501 - 520 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This is the "old man yells at cloud" thread. I come to check it out when I need to roll my eyes and test my neck muscles.

CTV will probably end all non-Toronto news in a few years anyway. After all, they'll find a way to make the CRTC bow to them and let them do whatever they want. They'll just have to find something else to whine about and scrutinize.

Enjoy your local newscasts while you still have them.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The Waterloo Region Record newspaper has bowed to his wishes on more than one occasion, even breaking their own typographic format just to satisfy the wokies. I find it amusing because text articles posted on CTV's website have always methodically spelled his name in all lowercase, but not the supers on TV. Makes you wonder what these anti capital letter folks think of their government issued IDs being in all caps. :rolleyes:
Now you're whining about "wokies"? That's not a word, FYI, and you'd think people who do nothing but nitpick CTV would be concerned about that sort of thing. This thread has been ridiculous for a while, but now it's just an excuse to bitch and moan about whatever pet peeve the old men yells at cloud group are on today.

Seems like its long past time for the admins to step in.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Now you're whining about "wokies"? That's not a word, FYI, and you'd think people who do nothing but nitpick CTV would be concerned about that sort of thing. This thread has been ridiculous for a while, but now it's just an excuse to bitch and moan about whatever pet peeve the old men yells at cloud group are on today.

Seems like its long past time for the admins to step in.
And I thought that I was the only one who found the complaints against CTV London to be, shall we say, a tad excessive and unjustified.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does anyone know who the new CTV News London anchor is yet? So far nothing yet. It is the past application deadline date and probably we will have to wait to find out next week. They removed the job listing on the Bell Media website.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In the west , Alberta i have no way to watch newscasts from other provinces.
I have telus piktv which only gives me Edmonton news.

All the ctv news casts are a train wreck.

For the CFRN CTV Edmonton station.

In the last 10 years the two lead newscasters Carrie Doll and Daryl McIntyre have both retired and have been replaced with who ever was left on staff running the news.

Since bell owns TSN they like to hijack the news, with Edmonton Oilers stories or news about "Rogers Place" the new hockey arena.

Am i watching a newscast, or a self serving pr media for the Oilers and Rogers Place ?

There are a few viewers left who actually want news, not sports filler.
Save that sports filler for the people that subscribe to TSN, it does not belong on the CTV news.

You may complain about CTV London , but frankly all the CTV newcasts are just as bad.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well Tony Grace made a mistake right off the bat during the first story after the intro on tonight's CTV News Kitchener at 6. During a report on the Toronto Van Attack anniversary he said CTV's Beth MacDonnell while it was Austin Delaney reporting on that story and guess what It was another technical mishap. Yep they aired the wrong story that story from 2 years ago 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️. But later in the newscast they aired the proper story from the right reporter. Jeez like come on.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tonight, reporting on Record Store Day, Sijiu stated that it ‘Rocked the Region’.
Fair enough, but Record Store Day is an international event, for ‘the 15th anniversary…no, the 15th annuAl event…’

Since they wrote their own copy, they should have a fucking clue what’s on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We are in Sacha Long's final week for CTV London but meanwhile down west at CTV Windsor. Someone did not properly edit the video for tonight's newscast. It starts in the middle of the weather segment but then at 00:57 it cuts hard already in the opening. CTV News Windsor at Six for Monday, April 25, 2022. It looks like the video editor had no clue of what he is doing or they hired a substitute editor to do it. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sad news tonight former CFPL personality Dave Maher passed away. He worked at the station has a morning show host when it really had a local morning show not like today. He was 71 years old and worked at Joe Kool's as a waiter. Did anyone know him?
CTV News Windsor at Six for Monday, April 25, 2022.
They removed the clip because of an error that I pointed out and yep someone did respond to my email finally.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well it looks like we got to wait to see who will be the new CTV London News anchor on Monday. It was pretty emotional for her to go.

It looks like CTV Windsor is looking for a Multi Skilled Journalist.
Multi Skilled Journalist, Bell Media Job | Media Jobs at Bell Canada

Responsibilities:

• Incumbent will be responsible for on-going, pro-active coverage of regional and local issues throughout the CTV Windsor coverage area
  • Identify, research, investigate, gather, write, edit, interview, and report both visually and aurally News stories in live or taped programming.
  • Provide backfill for anchor talent and assist in production of 6:00pm and 11:00pm newscasts
  • Producing, Line-up, assignment desk and web duties.
  • Have a broadly appealing “on-air” presence with the capability of performing in a “live” environment and the ability to interact well with others on camera.
  • Strong writing, research and presentation skills.
  • Utilize digital and social media platforms for news distribution
  • Operate ENG equipment and accessories for newsgathering.
  • Contact external organizations for background material.
  • Develop story ideas for inclusion in news shows
  • Other duties as required

Qualifications:

• We are seeking a team player with practical experience as a Videographer.
  • Post-secondary education in Journalism or equivalent course
  • Strong writing, reporting, on-camera-skills, proficiency in video journalism and a proven track record for generating innovative story ideas.
  • Minimum one-year experience in a videography or reporting role with a professional news organization
  • Minimum one-year experience anchoring newscasts for a professional news organization
  • Knowledge of coverage area (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions)
  • Knowledge of municipal affairs and political systems
  • Experience in the operation of ENG equipment and non-linear editing.
  • Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and iNEWS.
  • A valid G class driver’s license and a good driving record are required

Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.

Additional Information:

Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status:
Regular - Full Time
Job Location:
Canada : Ontario : Windsor
Flexible work profile:
Mobile
Application Deadline: 03/28/2022

Whoops it is past March 28th already it looks like they mean April 28th. iNEWS? Let's hope someone who has well experience with that program. Also let's hope they understand the knowledge of coverage area (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions) etc. Like have they been or lived in Windsor Essex County.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Julie actually does a very good job and she's a cutie.
She does a good job. The station manager or news director should give Julie a turn and give her a break from doing the weather. Let Reta Ismail, Jaden Lee Lincoln and Gary Archibald do the weather for a while. But the question is who is going do the "In The Community" segment? If you all don't know what is. It is a segment that CTV London does and they go around the city of London and surrounding area to speak to the people of what they are doing good for the community. It has been off for a while due to the pandemic but I am glad it is back.

501 - 520 of 526 Posts