Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
And today’s venture into words that are difficult to say, according to Rita Ismail, the houses that were impacted by the tornado in Barrie this week are uninhibitable. Jesus ……

• Haha
Reactions: mr.eous

·
Registered
456 Posts
Now I think I've seen it all. At the end of tonight's six o'clock CTV Kitchener newscast, they obviously miscalculated the total show runtime, because they had to glaringly repeat the same closing credit sequence three times in a row, in order to fill a gap. 🤦‍♂️
Almost as bad as what I witnessed sometime in the last week or so, during one of the "Your Morning" local news updates: technical difficulties would have been an understatement. Instead of giving the usual rundown of top stories, the notoriously troublesome Tegan Versolatto must have been instructed to talk about the weather for the whole two minutes, because she painstakingly dragged out smalltalking about the forecast for the entire newsbreak. Mmmhmm.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sasha Long strikes again!
11pm news tonight, during a story on COVID one of the schools mentioned was Ekcoe Central Public School in Glencoe.

Sasha proceeded to pronounce it as E. K. Coe.

It’s either her ignorance of local institutions, or whoever is writing the teleprompter, had their head up their backside.

·
Registered
456 Posts
CTV should create a new slogan for itself: always worse, everyday.

On today's CTV Kitchener news at noon, newbie from away Tyler Kelaher mispronounced "The Aud" as "The Ohh" even though this is the largest, oldest sports/entertainment/multipurpose facility in all of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, so anybody with any bit of knowledge of local geography and culture would know it's pronounced like "Odd" because it's short for "The Kitchener Memorial Auditorium"!

Sigh... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
And Sasha’s back at it!
Tonight while reporting on the erupting volcano in Kilauea, she called it ‘Kilo-wa-ha’.
The bar keeps getting set lower and lower.
Pah….

·
Registered
456 Posts
Apparently CTV isn't the only news outlet whose constant budget-cutting is resulting in laughable mistakes with template graphics. Here's a page from Waterloo Region Record newspaper where they've captioned a columnist with "First name Last name"!

🤦‍♂️
Maybe they should just quit publishing a print newspaper because they're obviously incapable of getting anything right the first time, relying solely on being able to "update" incorrect content, without acknowledgement, on the nonstatic web version.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Maybe the writer is non-binary?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hadn’t thought of that.

yours truly,
Sergio Bananahammock

·
Registered
143 Posts
Why does the London station even exist. For another holiday the station choose to run a Holmes show inside of trying to do a local newscast at six. It is a shame how far CTV has gone in destroying one of Canada's heritage broadcasting television stations.

·
Registered
522 Posts
On tonight’s instalment of WTF?…..on reporting on the theft of a ‘large percussion instrument’, according to Sasha, it was an ‘EX-ylo-phone’. Twice.

Did she just get here?

• Haha
Reactions: mr.eous

·
Registered
456 Posts
^^
That's hilariously bad. I had to go watch it, but found it's debatable what exactly she said. The clip starts around 11 minutes into the newscast, here.

Does she pronounce "especially" as "expecially", too? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I dunno. I’ll axe her.
Maybe it just used to be a xylophone?

I just ran the clip with the volume up to my MacBook for talk-to-text. Sure enough, EX-zylophone it is!
I was hoping for better.
I should know better by know.

281 - 296 of 296 Posts