Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Would that be the wonderful BELL fibre line?
This reminds me of a situation I had about a decade ago at the Rogers store at Fairview Park Mall in Kitchener. I was paying a bill and their internet kept going down, took 20+ minutes before I could swipe my card and leave, turned out their internet was via Bell (must have been a deal with Cadillac Fairview, the property owner). When I found out I asked "Why the hell don't you guys use Rogers internet via phone?", the reply was, "It's too expensive".

Neither of these protected Oligopolies offer decent service or even remotely decent news. I'm all for criticizing the shambolic production values they employ but I don't think it's fair to attack the presenters, they're doing their best given the terrible support and forced dialog (ie: commercials within news stories).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Aaaaand another newscast, another proud moment in broadcasting.

During the segment covering the snow storm in NFLD, which was sourced from NTV (Newfoundland CTV), the voice-over which sounded like it was Sacha Long ( again), referred to the event as ‘snow-mega Don’.

I think some remedial English lessons are in order.
LOL, last night, This Hour Has 22 Minutes made fun of that very NTV reporter's mispronunciation @ 1:39 into this clip.

Today's noon newscast on CTV Kitchener was proof that CTV News does not learn from its mistakes. The very same "0000" graphics appeared during the business segment, as the ones that I pointed out almost a year ago. Anchor lady Rosie, err, Grossie Del Campo didn't flinch, again, as if nothing went wrong. That's the thing that bugs me the most: staff playing along with the mistakes, in complete ignorance.

Then, a few weeks ago, Bell satellite channel 1045 (CTV Kitchener) incorrectly aired the CTV Toronto noon newscast for about the first 15 minutes until somebody in megamaster control woke up and hard cut to CTV Kitchener already in progress. Interestingly, this routing mistake didn't affect Kitchener's over-the-air signal, but I love it when Bell's "ExpressVu" broadcast distribution arm manages to screw up its own regularly scheduled (CTV) programming. :rolleyes:

Oh, and lookie here: they're already leaning towards robo-news!
If you see the CTVNewsKitchener.ca Staff byline rather than a byline for a specific reporter, writer or producer, it may be that the story was a piece of content based on the work of several people. It may be a collaboration based on the work of several journalists at CTV News, including and not limited to: writers, producers, reporters, trusted content from wire agencies
Pfff, yeah, more like a way for staff to hide behind their collective incompetence.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Another ‘Golden Moment In Broadcasting’, during the 6pm news Friday , in a story on Loblaws, Sasha told us that the CEOs name was GA-Lon Weston. Maybe it’s time for a phonetic teleprompter.

Ask Bruce COCK-burn!

221 - 223 of 223 Posts