Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
CTV NATIONAL NEWS recaps the most significant news stories of 2021 with nightly features beginning Wednesday, Dec. 22 and culminating on Friday, Dec. 31 on CTV, CTV News Channel, CTVNews.ca, and the CTV News app (check local listings for full schedule information). See the press release for the Top 10 list.

Question Period will air its traditional year-end interview with the prime minister this Sunday at 11 a.m. EST on CTV and CTV News Channel. (Link)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
CTV’s January 2022 Lineup
All programming is subject to change (all times ET; visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). * = simulcast. All programming is available live and on-demand on CTV.ca and CTV app.

Sunday, Jan. 2
8 p.m. – NEXT LEVEL CHEF* – New Series
9 p.m. – CELEBRITY WHEEL OF FORTUNE
10 p.m. – THE ROOKIE*

Monday, Jan. 3
7:30 p.m. – BOB HEARTS ABISHOLA
8 p.m. – 9-1-1: LONE STAR* – New Season
9 p.m. – THE CLEANING LADY* – New Series
10 p.m. – TRANSPLANT – New Season

Tuesday, Jan. 4
8 p.m. – JUDGE STEVE HARVEY* – New Series
9 p.m. – THIS IS US* – The Final Chapter
10 p.m. – QUEENS*

Wednesday, Jan. 5
7 p.m. – THE CONNERS
7:30 p.m. – HOME ECONOMICS
8–10 p.m. – THE AMAZING RACE* – New Season; Two-Hour Premiere
8 p.m. – THE GOLDBERGS* (CTV2)
10 p.m. – NEXT LEVEL CHEF – Regular Timeslot

Thursday, Jan. 6
7 p.m. – B POSITIVE
7:30 p.m. – YOUNG SHELDON
8 p.m. – JOE MILLIONAIRE: FOR RICHER OR POORER* (Two-Hour Premiere) – New Series
10 p.m. – TRANSPLANT – Season 2 Premiere Encore Presentation

Friday, Jan. 7
8 p.m. – SHARK TANK*
9 p.m. – MAGNUM P.I.*
10 p.m. – BLUE BLOODS*

Sunday, Jan. 9
8 p.m. ET – CALL ME KAT* – New Season
8:30 p.m. ET – PIVOTING* – New Series

Wednesday, Jan. 12
7 p.m. – THE AMAZING RACE – Regular Timeslot
8 p.m. – CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING – New Series
8:30 p.m. – THE WONDER YEARS*
9 p.m. – THE CONNERS* – Regular Timeslot
9:30 p.m. – HOME ECONOMICS* – Regular Timeslot

Thursday, Jan. 13
8 p.m. – JOE MILLIONAIRE: FOR RICHER OR POORER* – Regular Timeslot
9 p.m. – CALL ME KAT* – Regular Timeslot
9:30 p.m. – PIVOTING* – Regular Timeslot

Monday, Jan. 17
4 p.m. – THE GOOD DISH* – New Series

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I see that CTV takes the entirety of FOX Thursday lineup. However, when Feb. 24 comes and ABC Thursday lineup returns, what will happen? I guess based on the popularity some of them will be relegated to CTV2. Not good for those who are recording series.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wednesday, Jan. 5
7 p.m. – THE CONNERS
7:30 p.m. – HOME ECONOMICS
8–10 p.m. – THE AMAZING RACE* – New Season; Two-Hour Premiere
8 p.m. – THE GOLDBERGS* (CTV2)
10 p.m. – NEXT LEVEL CHEF – Regular Timeslot
With such a busy schedule, episode 10 of The Wonder Years is omitted and isn’t scheduled anywhere else on CTV. Note to any others recording. The following week, it’s back on the schedule as per Dave’s post.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
With such a busy schedule, episode 10 of The Wonder Years is omitted and isn’t scheduled anywhere else on CTV. Note to any others recording. The following week, it’s back on the schedule as per Dave’s post.
Wow thanks for the headsup Perry, that's weird that CTV won't show that episode at all. Well we get US channels so we can see it but I had a note to start watching next week on CTV so we would of missed it.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
CTV announced today an all-new special from Bell Media Studios, ETALK: A BELL LET’S TALK DAY SPECIAL, premiering Wednesday, Jan. 26 at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, CTV.ca, the CTV app, 7:30 PM ET on CTV2, and streaming on Crave.

CTV Digital Platforms Highlight Mental Health
On Bell Let’s Talk Day, CTV.ca and the CTV app will highlight Bell Let’s Talk Day programming across CTV shows in addition to specially curated new and past collections focused on mental health awareness, health and wellness, and discussions with experts in the field of mental health. There will be Bell Let’s Talk Day integration in SportsCentre, TSN.ca, and across TSN socials.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Dr. Dave, thanks for The Unusual Suspects info. I was just checking this last week when I saw a different report about Hulu picking up the series for the US. With a predominantly female lead cast, it looks like a good fit for CTV Drama.
The Unusual Suspects will air on Thursdays at 10 PM ET on CTV beginning January 27. The 4-episode Australian series was previously added to Crave.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just noticed that CTV pulled Supermarket Sweep after airing the first episode of Season 2, replacing it with Big Bang Theory repeats since then.
PerryP. both of those press releases were posted on this site. Even though Crave said Supermarket Sweep Season one would be removed October 17, it is still available. It's also available On Demand via TV providers until April 2, 2022 and on CTV.ca. They never posted any Season 2 episodes to either service.
Update: CTV/CTV2 is again airing Supermarket Sweep, both new episodes and repeats (s-ABC). Season 2 episodes 1, 2 and 12 are now provided on demand.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
CTV is simsubbing FOX for football and Next Level Chef tonight. They made a last minute schedule change to air tonight's episode of The Rookie on Tuesday at 10 PM ET.

The Resident will also return for its Season 5 Winter Premiere on Tuesday at 8 PM ET. (s-FOX)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
CTV announced that it has ordered a second season of its new, original comedy Children Ruin Everything for the 2022/23 broadcast season. Production is set to begin this Spring in Toronto and Hamilton, Ont., with an increased episode order for Season 2 consisting of 16 half-hour episodes – double from its eight-episode first season.

----

CTV will air the first episode of The Real Dirty Dancing on Sunday Feb. 6 at 9 PM ET and simsub the remaining 3 episodes on Tuesdays at 9 PM ET. (Zap2it)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
CTV reposted ABC's press release listing the Oscar nominations announced today. The 94th Oscars will be held on Sunday, March 27, 2022 and will be televised live on ABC and CTV at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
CTV will air a special episode of CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING immediately following SUPER BOWL LVI on Sunday, Feb. 13. (The episode is scheduled for 10:45 PM ET in all time zones, but may be delayed if the game runs longer than planned.) CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING continues in its regular timeslot of Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Feb. 16 on CTV. (Super Bowl Press Release)

·
Registered
47 Posts
CTV/CTV2 Monday updates:

All American: Homecoming will premiere on CTV2 - Monday, Feb 21. Of note given the mothership series airs on Showcase.

As Dave has previously posted, AGT: Extreme will premiere on Monday, Feb 21 on NBC, with CTV picking up the rights in Canada. It is not on CTV's schedule for Monday as of now, however, with their schedule looking pretty packed. Perhaps it will air in post-release, Fridays or Sundays possibly.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thanks for posting CTV2 updates. MTS doesn't carry the channel, so I don't always see changes in my usual lineup checks. CTV still hasn't scheduled America's Got Talent: Extreme, so they may keep it for later.

The Masked Singer Season 7 Premieres March 9 at 8 PM ET (CTV.ca, s-FOX)

ABC has dumped Promised Land to Hulu, so The Good Doctor will return early on Monday, February 28 at 10 PM ET. (s-CTV) Transplant will get bumped to Tuesdays at 10 PM ET starting March 1.

----

CTV announced today that it has renewed Transplant for a third season. Produced by Sphere Media in association with CTV and Universal International Studios, Season 3 consists of 13 one-hour episodes. Filming will take place in Montréal.

New episodes of Transplant’s second season continue Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, before moving to its new timeslot of Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT beginning March 1. Season 2 is set to premiere on NBC, March 6 at 10 p.m. ET. The drama has also launched across the UK, Australia, Spain, Germany, the Netherlands, and more. (Bell Media press release)

----

In Canada, the 2022 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS will air live on Sunday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on CTV. (s-NBC) (Bell Media press release)

----

Regular programming will return to the networks next week following the Olympics closing ceremony. Midseason premieres on CTV on Thursday, February 24 include Station 19 and Grey’s Anatomy in a crossover event, followed by Big Sky Season 2B at 10 PM ET. (s-ABC)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for posting CTV2 updates. MTS doesn't carry the channel, so I don't always see changes in my usual lineup checks. CTV still hasn't scheduled America's Got Talent: Extreme, so they may keep it for later.
Currently, CTV2 is simulcasting AGT: Extreme starting on Monday, February 28 (episode 3) from 8-10 PM ET, pushing All American: Homecoming to 10 PM ET. No sign of episodes 1 or 2, but CTV2 could add these to their schedule last minute.

NBC Schedule EpisodeCTV/CTV2
Sun, Feb. 20 at 10:30-11 PM ETEpisode 1 - Sneak peak after the Olympics Closing CeremonyNo, CTV2 currently has a repeat of Shark Tank
Mon, Feb 21 at 8-10 PM ETEpisode 2 - Auditions 1EDIT: post-release Sun, Feb 27 on CTV (s-NBC’s encore)

No, CTV2 currently has a repeat of Ghost Whisperer (8 PM ET) and a new All American: Homecoming (9 PM ET)
Mon, Feb 28 at 8-10 PM ETEpisode 3 - Auditions 2s-CTV2
Mon, Mar 7 at 8-10 PM ETEpisode 4TBA
Mon, Mar 14 at 8-10 PM ETEpisode 5 - FinaleTBA

·
Registered
47 Posts
Programming note for Thurs, Feb 24

CTV is simulcasting ABC’s lineup, bumping the following:
  • Call Me Kat - Thurs, Feb 24 7:00 PM ET (pre-FOX)
  • Young Sheldon - Thurs, Feb 24 7:30 PM ET (pre-CBS)
  • Joe Millionaire - Sun, Feb 27 9:00 PM ET (post-FOX)
  • Pivoting - Tues, Mar 1 9:00 PM ET (post-FOX)
  • B Positive - Tues, Mar 1 9:30 PM ET (post-CBS)
Unclear the strategy moving forward, given new episodes of This Is Us and The Weakest Link will likely occupy these slots. Though it won’t be a problem for long, as Joe Millionaire, B Positive, and Pivoting will wrap their runs in March.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Weakest Link Season 2 premieres Sunday, March 6 at 9 PM ET on CTV. (s-NBC)

KUNG FU Season 2 premieres Wednesday, March 9 at 9 PM ET on CTV2. (s-CW)

DOMINO MASTERS Premieres March 9 according to it's showpage, but it's not on the schedule for either CTV or CTV2. 9:01 PM ET on CTV following The Masked Singer. (s-FOX)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts