Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
W5 launches its 56th season beginning Saturday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, CTV.ca, CTVNews.ca, and the CTV and CTV news apps. W5 also airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2, as well as Sundays on CTV News Channel (see local listings). W5 is also available on demand at CTVNews.ca/W5, and on the CTV and CTV News apps. See the press release for episode details.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Another one, another switcheroo that CTV pulls, this time for Monday, and I hate it from the bottom of my heart.
  1. Jann is moved to 19:00.
  2. Bob Hearts Abishola is moved to 19:30, one hour ahead of CBS.
  3. The Voice is moved from CTV2 to CTV, remains at 20:00 (simsub NBC).
  4. The Big Leap is moved from CTV to CTV2, remains at 21:00 (simsub FOX).

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
CTV is doing what they can to salvage the time slot - The Big Leap has been a ratings disaster in the U.S. and probably in Canada as well.

Bill Gorman’s prediction (TV Grim Reaper, formerly the Cancellation Bear at TVbytheNumbers.com)
Likely canceled: #TheBigLeap (Fox) All other premiered shows are likely renewed, for now. (Twitter)

Bob Hearts Abishola at 10:00 and Jann at 10:30 PM local time in Manitoba and Sask., after the main prime-time block.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
What am I writing here? Another switcheroo, of course. Our Kind of People was originally scheduled on CTV for Tuesday at 21:00. Last week it was moved to 22:00, leaving the 21:00 slot free for La Brea. Starting tomorrow (05/10), Our Kind of People is moved to CTV2 at 21:00, simsub FOX. This leaves the 22:00 slot free for the upcoming of Queens, premiere on 19/10, simsub ABC.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The new CTV special, CASHMERE COUTURE FOR THE CURE, airs Friday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and replays on Friday, Oct. 8 at 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV2, Tuesday, Oct. 12 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV Life Channel, and on Friday, Oct. 15 at 10 p.m. ET on E! and will be available on Crave, CTV.ca. The integrated multi-platform campaign runs in English on CTV’s THE SOCIAL, ETALK, YOUR MORNING, CP24 BREAKFAST and in French on Noovo’s LA SEMAINE DES 4 JULIE, now through Friday, Oct. 29. See the press release for more details.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
ABC will air Halloween specials on Thursday, October 28, so CTV will simsub CBS: Young Sheldon at 8 and B Positive at 9:30 PM ET, with reruns for the rest of the evening.

EDIT: I noticed that CTV2 has been airing episodes from season 1 of Walker on Tuesdays at 10 PM ET. Season 2 will begin airing on The CW and CTV Drama on October 28.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just noticed that CTV pulled Supermarket Sweep after airing the first episode of Season 2, replacing it with Big Bang Theory repeats since then.

Sunday, Oct. 24, a Masked Singer countdown special will air instead (pre-FOX, Monday, Oct. 25 8 PM ET).

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just noticed that CTV pulled Supermarket Sweep after airing the first episode of Season 2, replacing it with Big Bang Theory repeats since then.

Sunday, Oct. 24, a Masked Singer countdown special will air instead (pre-FOX, Monday, Oct. 25 8 PM ET).
Wasn't CTV developing a Canadian Supermarket Sweep? I have been liking the US version and CTV Life or E! one of them was airing British Supermarket Sweep episodes also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wasn't CTV developing a Canadian Supermarket Sweep? I have been liking the US version and CTV Life or E! one of them was airing British Supermarket Sweep episodes also.
Maybe this? Looks like ETALK aired a 4 part special Canadian Edition. I was enjoying it as well -- guess I will have to record the ABC broadcast.

I also see that Bell is removing Season 1 from Crave (source). I wonder if they lost/sold the rights to Disney+ or another network.

CTV Sundays in the winter are looking bare. With NFL ending and ABC shifting to American Idol, CTV will only be left with The Rookie to simulcast. Cancon and whatever NBC airs could fill.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
PerryP. both of those press releases were posted on this site. Even though Crave said Supermarket Sweep Season one would be removed October 17, it is still available. It's also available On Demand via TV providers until April 2, 2022 and on CTV.ca. They never posted any Season 2 episodes to either service.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
The 55th Annual CMA Awards will be on CTV2 in addition to ABC, on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 8:00 p.m. EST.

----

The CW announced that KUNG FU Season 2 will premiere MARCH 9, 2022. CTV2 showed Season1, but they haven't said anything about Season 2 yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bell Media issued this ABC announcement about the performers appearing at the 2021 American Music Awards live "on Sunday, Nov. 21, at 8:00 p.m. EST/PST on ABC and streaming next day on Hulu." They didn't even bother to add that the AMAs are also on CTV. :oops:

----

CTV Festive-Themed Episodes, Holiday Classics, and New Movies and Specials

Available on CTV.ca and the CTV app until Jan. 7, CTV’s Holiday Hub features more than 150 movies, including holiday classics and festive-themed episodes, available with no subscription or sign-in required. With seasonal selections of throwback series including DIFF’RENT STROKES, THE FACTS OF LIFE, COMMUNITY, WHO’S THE BOSS, DAWSON’S CREEK, and more, CTV’s Holiday Hub also treats viewers to recipes, gift guides, and access to binge full seasons of CTV Original series TRANSPLANT (Season 1) and JANN (Seasons 1-3), plus LOVE ISLAND (Season 3). Visit the Holiday Hub for the complete collection.

Holiday Specials and Themed Episodes
CMA COUNTRY CHRISTMAS (Monday, Nov. 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT).
THE ORIGINAL SANTA CLAUS PARADE (Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV,CTV2, and CP24).
MICHAEL BUBLÉ’s CHRISTMAS IN THE CITY, new special (Monday, Dec. 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT).

CTV’s holiday schedule also includes THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW’s annual “10 Days of Giveaways”, special segments on CTV YOUR MORNING, THE SOCIAL, and specials from ETALK, plus holiday-themed episodes from THE WONDER YEARS (Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. ETPT), HOME ECONOMICS (Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT), STATION 19 (Thursday, Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. ET/PT), and GREY’S ANATOMY (Thursday, Dec. 16 at 9 p.m. ET/PT).

Holiday Movies

CTV’s lineup treats viewers to heart-warming and classic holiday films including: MURDER, SHE BAKED: A PLUM PUDDING MYSTERY(Thursday, Nov. 25 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), ELF (Sunday, Nov. 28 at 8 p.m. ET/PT), CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE (Saturday, Dec. 4 at 9 p.m. ET/PT), THE HOLIDAY (Friday, Dec. 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), NORMAN ROCKWELL PRESENTS: COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS (Saturday, Dec. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/PT), CHRISTMAS EVE AFTER(Monday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), A TWIST OF CHRISMTAS (Monday, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), AN ICE WINE CHRISTMAS (Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 8 p.m. ET/PT ), IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE (Friday, Dec. 24 at 8 p.m. ET/PT), THE POLAR EXPRESS (Saturday, Dec. 25 at 1 p.m. ET/PT), CHRISTMAS LOVERS ANONYMOUS (Saturday, Dec. 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), THE BIRTHDAY WISH (Friday, Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV2), and more.

All programming is subject to change (all times are ET; visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). For additional holiday programming updates, follow @CTV_PR.

----

THE ORIGINAL SANTA CLAUS PARADE premieres Saturday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. ET, exclusively on CTV, CTV2, and CP24. Filmed at night inside Canada’s Wonderland, the all-new, two-hour primetime event delivers a safe parade experience to all Canadians.

An encore presentation of THE ORIGINAL SANTA CLAUS PARADE airs Saturday, December 11 at 1 p.m. on CTV. In addition to on-air coverage, CTV’s parade-day essential website CTV.ca/Santa returns with all of the latest THE ORIGINAL SANTA CLAUS PARADE news, on-demand access post-broadcast, as well as exclusive video content. (Press Release)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Maybe this should be at Sports, but I posted the schedule there. Just a reminder that Thursday Night Football tonight, Nov. 25, (which airs under Sunday Night Football banner) will be on CTV instead of the usual CTV2.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
CTV Original drama TRANSPLANT returns for its second 13-episode season Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT beginning Jan. 3 on CTV, CTV.ca, and the CTV app. An encore of the Season 2 premiere airs Thursday, Jan. 6 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. The translated French version, TRANSPLANTÉ, joins Noovo’s lineup in 2022.

All distribution rights for TRANSPLANT are handled by NBCUniversal Global Distribution, with the series airing on NBC in the U.S. (Bell Media Press Release)

----

CTV welcomes the arrival of its new original comedy CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING, airing Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, CTV.ca, and the CTV app, beginning Jan. 12. Filmed in Toronto and Hamilton, Ont., the first season consists of eight half-hour episodes.

CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING joins the Roku Originals programming slate on The Roku Channel in the U.S. in 2022. Bell Media Distribution is the international rights holder for CHILDREN RUIN EVERYTHING, and New Metric Media is the series’ exclusive Sales Agent. (Bell Media Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
CELEBRATING GREATNESS: CANADA’S WALK OF FAME 2021 premieres Friday, Dec. 17 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca, and the CTV app and streams the next day on Crave. See the Bell Media Press Release for more details.

----

Added: The Dr. Oz Show will come to an end on January 14 and will be replaced by spinoff, The Good Dish, hosted by Oz’s daughter, Daphne Oz on January 17 in U.S. syndication. (Deadline) It's not clear if CTV will pick up the new show. CTV will air the new show in the same timeslot.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts