Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

CTV & CTV Two 2017-18 schedule

25K views 101 replies 12 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
This thread will discuss the schedule updates for CTV & CTV Two broadcast networks from Bell Media for the 2017-18 broadcast year.

I post schedule updates, series premieres and specials based on press releases as well as series renewals and cancellations as they are announced. I don't usually post on-going episode information, repeats, program descriptions or "PR-speak," so if you want more info, you can click on the associated link.

As a reminder, the following shows from the 2016-17 season have been cancelled by the U.S. network:

The Catch (ABC)
Conviction (ABC)
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (CBS)
Grimm (NBC)
Notorious (ABC)
Powerless (NBC)
Reign (CW)
Secrets & Lies (ABC)
Sleepy Hollow (FOX)
Time After Time (ABC)
Training Day (CBS)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
A Stroke of Genius: YOUNG SHELDON Leads CTV Acquisitions for 2017/18 Season # # # GREY'S ANATOMY Spinoff Comes to CTV Mid-Season

CTV announced today it has landed 13 big, buzzy, new series from this year’s Los Angeles Screenings.

CTV’s New 2017/18 Comedy Acquisitions (4)
YOUNG SHELDON
ME, MYSELF & I
ROSEANNE
THE MAYOR

CTV’s New 2017/18 Drama Acquisitions (9)
UNTITLED GREY’S ANATOMY SPINOFF
FOR THE PEOPLE
THE GOOD DOCTOR
THE GOSPEL OF KEVIN
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY
MARVEL’S INHUMANS
THE GIFTED
THE CROSSING
DECEPTION

CTV and CTV Two’s 2017/18 primetime schedules will be unveiled at the #CTVUpfront on Wednesday, June 7.

See the press release for a Synopsis of each new series.

#6 ·
Humanity, Humour, and Heart: CTV Goes Big with 2017/18 Schedule

THE CTV FALL 2017 NIGHT-BY-NIGHT PRIME-TIME SCHEDULE:
All times ET. New programs are BOLD. (S) = Simulcast

MONDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
7:30 p.m. ME, MYSELF & I
8 p.m. LUCIFER (S)
9 p.m. THE GIFTED (S)
10 p.m. THE GOOD DOCTOR (S)

TUESDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
7:30 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY (S)
8 p.m. THE FLASH (S)
9 p.m. THIS IS US (S)
10 p.m. THE GOSPEL OF KEVIN (S)

WEDNESDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. CRIMINAL MINDS
9 p.m. LAW & ORDER: SVU (S)
10 p.m. DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (S)

THURSDAYS
7 p.m. GREY’S ANATOMY
8 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY (S)
8:30 p.m. YOUNG SHELDON (S)
9 p.m. GOTHAM
10 p.m. HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER (S)

FRIDAYS
7 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. BLINDSPOT (S)
9 p.m. MARVEL’S INHUMANS (S)
10 p.m. BLUE BLOODS (S)

SATURDAYS
7 p.m. W5
8 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30 p.m. THE MAYOR
9 p.m. LAW & ORDER: SVU
10 p.m. CRIME TIME

SUNDAYS
7 p.m. NFL (S)
7:30 p.m. SPORTSCENTRE
8 p.m. THE INDIAN DETECTIVE
9 p.m. SHARK TANK (S)
10 p.m. TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY (S)

WEEKDAYS ON CTV
6 a.m. YOUR MORNING
9 a.m. LIVE WITH KELLY AND RYAN (S)
10 a.m. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW
11 a.m. THE VIEW (S)
12 noon CTV NEWS AT NOON
1 p.m. THE SOCIAL
2 p.m. THE DR. OZ SHOW (S)
3 p.m. DR. PHIL (S)
4 p.m. THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW (S)
5 p.m. CTV NEWS AT FIVE
6:00 p.m. CTV NEWS AT SIX

WEEKNIGHTS ON CTV
12 midnight THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH
12:30 a.m. THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN (S)
1:30 a.m. CONAN

THE CTV TWO FALL 2017 PRIME-TIME SCHEDULE:
MONDAYS
7 p.m. THE BIG BANG THEORY (S)
7:30 p.m. ETALK
8 p.m. THE VOICE (S)
10 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS
10:30 p.m. SEINFELD (S)

TUESDAYS
8 p.m. THE VOICE (S)
9 p.m. DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (S)
10 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS

WEDNESDAYS
8 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS (S)
8:30 p.m. AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE
9 p.m. ARROW
10 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS

THURSDAYS
7:30 p.m. THE NFL TODAY/FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA (S)
8:30 p.m. THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (S)

FRIDAYS
8 p.m. ONCE UPON A TIME (S)
9 p.m. THE EXORCIST (S)
10 p.m. THE GOLDBERGS

SATURDAYS
7 p.m. MOTIVE
8 p.m. SAVING HOPE
9 p.m. 19-2
10 p.m. W5

SUNDAYS
8 p.m. FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA
8:30 p.m. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (S)

WEEKDAYS ON CTV TWO
6 a.m. CTV NEWS
8 a.m. THE SOCIAL
9 a.m. CANADA’S WORST DRIVER
10 a.m. THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW
11 a.m. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW
12 p.m. THE DR. OZ SHOW
2 p.m. THE SOCIAL
3 p.m. THE DR. OZ SHOW (S)
4 p.m. US COMEDY STRIP
4:30 p.m. US COMEDY STRIP
5 p.m. DR. PHIL (S)
6 p.m. CTV NEWS

WEEKNIGHTS ON CTV TWO
11:30 p.m. THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON (S)
12:30 a.m. LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS (S)
1:30 a.m. ETALK

#7 · (Edited)
Big Midseason Debuts
In 2018, CTV unveils five new acquisitions and rolls out three new original series:
FOR THE PEOPLE, untitled GREY’S ANATOMY spinoff, ROSEANNE, THE CROSSING, DECEPTION, THE LAUNCH, THE DISAPPEARANCE, THE DETAIL.

Big Touchdowns
Bell Media is the home of the NFL in Canada and with a multi-year broadcast rights agreement extension that sees for the first time ever CTV TWO simulcasts of SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. In addition, CTV continues to be the home of NFL Sunday programming at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., all playoff games, and, of course, the gold standard of premium sports content, the SUPER BOWL.

Big News
CTV announces today the major expansion of local news programming, delivering weekday newscasts at 5 p.m. (CTV NEWS AT FIVE) across all CTV local stations this fall. Creating an additional 35 hours of original local production each week, the added news programming on weeknights ensures viewers can find their most trusted CTV NEWS at 5 p.m. as well as 6 p.m. in their market.

Big Events
CTV delivers more live events than anywhere else. Television’s biggest event programming in 2017/18 includes Canada’s most-watched television events THE 90th ACADEMY AWARDS, SUPER BOWL LII, THE 75th ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS, THE 69th PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS, THE 2017 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS, The 2018 iHEARTRADIO MUCH MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP, THE 2018 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, THE TRAGICALLY HIP DOCUMENTARY, THE INVICTUS GAMES OPENING AND CLOSING CEREMONIES and more.

See the previous press release for more details.

EDIT:
www.ctv.ca/comingsoon contains a visual primetime grid, new series and returning favourites.

Additional Press Releases:
Canada's Best Original Content Lives Here: Bell Media Studios Announces 2017/18 Original Productions

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Comes to TSN, CTV, CTV Two, and RDS

#8 ·
CTV Announces Major Expansion of Local News with All-New Weekday Newscasts at 5 p.m., Debuting Across Canada this Fall

Further bolstering the network’s commitment to deliver Canada’s most trusted news coverage, CTV today announced a major expansion of its award-winning local programming, delivering CTV NEWS broadcasts at 5 p.m. on all local CTV stations across Canada, beginning this fall. Creating an additional 35 hours of original local production each week, the added news programming on weeknights ensures viewers can find CTV News at 5 p.m. as well as 6 p.m. in their local market.

Joining the six CTV stations already delivering CTV NEWS AT FIVE (CTV Vancouver, CTV Calgary, CTV Red Deer, CTV Edmonton, CTV Lethbridge, and CTV Atlantic), editions of the newscast will be added to the following local station lineups this fall:
CTV Saskatoon
CTV Regina
CTV Prince Albert
CTV Yorkton
CTV Winnipeg
CTV Northern Ontario
CTV Kitchener
CTV Ottawa
CTV Montreal

Beginning this summer in Toronto, both CTV Toronto and CP24 will air CP24 LIVE @ 5 and CP24 LIVE @ 5:30, while continuing to cross-simulcast CTV NEWS AT SIX.

Additional press releases:
CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Ottawa; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Kitchener; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Northern Ontario; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Montreal; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Saskatoon; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Regina; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

CTV News Expands Local Coverage in Winnipeg; CTV NEWS AT FIVE Begins this Fall

#10 ·
#12 ·
CTV probably won't announce what they will do with The Big Bang Theory until the rest of the U.S. networks release their premiere dates. This year CTV scheduled Me, Myself & I Mondays at 7:30. They also have to worry about Young Sheldon since CBS scheduled a "SPECIAL SERIES DEBUT" following TBBT on Monday, September 25. Episode 2 of Young Sheldon won't air until Nov. 2 in the regular Thursday time slot.

CBS and CTV will air the first episode only of Star Trek: Discovery on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 PM ET. SPACE will air episode 1 at the same time immediately followed by episode 2. Episode 3 and subsequent episodes will air weekly exclusively on SPACE in Canada (streaming exclusively on CBS All Access in the U.S.)

#14 · (Edited)
I took a look at Coming Soon to CTV | Returning Favourites and made a list of series not on the fall schedule. These shows are planned for mid-season.

The Amazing Race
Cardinal (season 2)
Code Black
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Quantico
Trial & Error
The X-Files

Cardinal season 1 will re-air all 6 episodes this fall during the Saturday CRIME TIME block.

I also found this list of Events and Specials with dates where available:

AWARD SHOWS

69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards – LIVE! Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 8p ET I s-CBS
2017 American Music Awards – LIVE! Sunday, November 19, 2017 at 8p ET I s-ABC
75th Annual Golden Globes – LIVE! Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 8p ET I s-NBC
90th Annual Academy Awards – LIVE! Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 8:30p ET I s-ABC
2018 iHeartRadio MMVAs – Summer 2018

SPORTS

The Invictus Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies – September 2017
Super Bowl 52 – Sunday, February 4th, 2018
The Masters – Saturday, April 7th & Sunday, April 8th, 2018
2018 FIFA World Cup (Russia) – June 14th to July 15th, 2018

SPECIALS

Untitled Tragically Hip Documentary - Fall 2017
113th Toronto Santa Claus Parade – Sunday, November 19th, 2017
WE Day 2017 – November 2017
Bell Let’s Talk Day – Winter 2018

THE 2018 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS will air LIVE! Sunday, May 14, 2018 at 8p ET I s-ABC

EDIT: added dates and times to award shows (SOURCE)

EDIT 2: iHeartRadio Music Awards aired on CTV Two in 2017 - scheduled for Sunday, March 11, 2018 (Source)

#19 ·
CTV's Riveting Original Mystery Event Series THE DISAPPEARANCE Premieres October 1

THE DISAPPEARANCE debuts on Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning October 1 on CTV and CTV GO. Two weeks in advance of its October 1 debut, a special sneak peek of the series premiere episode will be available September 17 on CTV.ca and on demand through television service providers across the country. THE DISAPPEARANCE is also available as a CraveTV FIRST LOOK every Saturday, beginning Sept. 30 at 9 p.m. ET. The French language version of the series airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on Super Écran, beginning October 1.

The six-part, hour-long series is produced in 4K by Productions Casablanca in association with Bell Media and NBCUniversal International Studios and was shot in Montréal last fall.

#20 ·
FALL 2017 Premiere Dates for CTV and CTV Two:

Thursday, Sept. 7
7:30 p.m. – NFL’s THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (CTV Two)

Sunday, Sept. 10
8 p.m. – NFL’s SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (CTV Two)

Sunday, Sept. 17
8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) – THE 69th PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS (CTV) – NEW, LIVE EVENT SPECIAL

Tuesday, Sept. 19
8 p.m. – THE MARTIAN (CTV) – NEW

Thursday, Sept. 21
7 p.m. – GOTHAM (CTV) – (*Moves to Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Oct. 5)

Sunday, Sept. 24
8:30 p.m. – STAR TREK: DISCOVERY (CTV and Space) – NEW, SUPER-SIMULCAST

Monday, Sept. 25
8 p.m. – THE BIG BANG THEORY (CTV)
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV Two) – TWO-HOUR PREMIERE
8:30 p.m. – YOUNG SHELDON (CTV) – NEW, SPECIAL SERIES PREVIEW
9:30 p.m. – ME, MYSELF & I (CTV) – NEW – (*Moves to Mondays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Oct. 2; and settles into its Mondays at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Oct. 30)
10 p.m. – THE GOOD DOCTOR (CTV) – NEW

Tuesday, Sept. 26
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV)
9 p.m. – THIS IS US (CTV)

Wednesday, Sept. 27
8 p.m. – CRIMINAL MINDS (CTV)
8 p.m. – THE GOLDBERGS (CTV Two)
9 p.m. – LAW & ORDER: SVU (CTV)
9:30 p.m. – AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE (CTV Two) – (*Moves to Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two, beginning Oct. 18)
10 p.m. – DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (CTV)

Thursday, Sept. 28
8 p.m. – GREY’S ANATOMY (CTV) – TWO-HOUR PREMIERE – (*Moves to Thursdays at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, beginning Nov. 2)
10 p.m. – HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER (CTV)

Friday, Sept. 29
8 p.m. – MARVEL’S INHUMANS (CTV) – NEW, TWO-HOUR PREMIERE
9 p.m. – THE EXORCIST (CTV Two)
10 p.m. – BLUE BLOODS (CTV)

Sunday, Oct. 1
8 p.m. – LUCIFER (CTV) – (*Moves to Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, beginning Oct. 30)
9 p.m. – THE DISAPPEARANCE (CTV) – NEW
10 p.m. – TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY (CTV) – NEW

Monday, Oct. 2
8:30 p.m. – ME, MYSELF, & I (CTV) – NEW EPISODES CONTINUE, REGULAR TIMESLOT
9 p.m. – THE GIFTED (CTV) – NEW

Tuesday, Oct. 3
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV)
10 p.m. – KEVIN (PROBABLY) SAVES THE WORLD (CTV) – NEW

Friday, Oct. 6
8 p.m. – ONCE UPON A TIME (CTV Two)

Saturday, Oct. 7
8:30 p.m. – THE MAYOR (CTV) – NEW

Tuesday, Oct. 10
8 p.m. – THE FLASH (CTV)
8 p.m. – THE VOICE (CTV Two) – NEW EPISODES CONTINUE
9 p.m. – DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (CTV Two)

Wednesday, Oct. 18
9 p.m. – ARROW (CTV Two)

Friday, Oct. 27
8 p.m. – BLINDSPOT (CTV)

Monday, Oct. 30
7:30 p.m. – ME, MYSELF, & I (CTV) – NEW EPISODES CONTINUE, REGULAR TIMESLOT

Thursday, Nov. 2
7 p.m. – GREY’S ANATOMY (CTV) – NEW EPISODES CONTINUE, REGULAR TIMESLOT
8:00 p.m. – THE BIG BANG THEORY (CTV) – NEW EPISODES CONTINUE, REGULAR TIMESLOT
8:30 p.m. – YOUNG SHELDON (CTV) – NEW, REGULAR TIMESLOT

For the program’s Tuesday episodes, THE VOICE moves to CTV for two weeks only (Sept. 26 and Oct. 3), airing at 8 p.m. ET/PT, before settling into its regular Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET timeslot on CTV Two, beginning Oct. 10.

ETALK delivers an exclusive look at the upcoming series in CTV’s BIG FALL PREVIEW airing Friday, Sept. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO.

Full episodes of CTV and CTV Two series will also be available live and on demand on CTV.ca and the CTV GO App. Previous seasons of select returning series are streaming now on CraveTV.

Full Press Release

My observations: CTV has pulled THE DISAPPEARANCE forward from mid-season to replace SHARK TANK. THE INDIAN DETECTIVE isn't on the premiere list, but may show up Sundays at 8 PM in November once LUCIFER moves to its regular time period. CTV hasn't picked up ABC's The Toy Box for season 2, unless they plan to use it as filler later in the year.

#21 ·
CTV's Big Fall Preview 2017 will air Friday, Sept. 15 at 8 PM ET on CTV. (Source)

QUESTION PERIOD returns for its 47th season this Sunday, Sept. 10 at 11 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV News Channel, and the CTV GO and CTV News GO apps. (Source)

ETALK Kicks Off Canada?s Most-Watched Coverage of the Toronto International Film Festival, Beginning September 7 on CTV

ETALK returns to once again offer unparalleled all-access coverage of TIFF beginning Thursday, Sept. 7 on CTV and CTV GO. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two and CTV GO, and 6:30 p.m. ET on E! (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).

ETALK AT TIFF on Fibe TV1
For the third year in a row, Fibe TV1 takes viewers backstage as ETALK hosts and producers offer a glimpse of all the action, and what it takes to cover one of the world’s biggest film festivals. ETALK will produce 10 mini-documentaries that will each profile a celebrated film or experience from TIFF’s 42-year history, which will be available only on Fibe TV, Channel 1.

#22 ·
THE 69th PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS will be broadcast live on CTV on Sunday, Sept. 17 at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT) leading to the shuffling or preemption of STEVE HARVEY'S FUNDERDOME and THE $100,000 PYRAMID. One or both of the game shows may be shown before or after The Emmys or dropped altogether, depending on the time zone. At this time CTV doesn't seem to have rescheduled any of the dropped shows for a different day.

CTV Toronto also seems to have dropped the finale of STEVE HARVEY'S FUNDERDOME on Sunday, Sept. 24, but will show it in some other cities. They surrounded the simulcast of Star Trek: Discovery with Big Bang Theory reruns, just in case the NFL late afternoon game runs long.

Keep in mind that award shows often run over the allotted time, so plan accordingly if you want to record a show afterwards. Recording on CBS is probably the best choice if you want to see these shows.

#25 ·
W5 Launches New Season of Canada's Most-Watched Documentary Series with Invictus Games Special UNCONQUERED, This Saturday, Sept. 23 on CTV

W5 returns for a 52nd season this Saturday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV, the CTV GO app, and CTVNews.ca, airing just ahead of the INVICTUS GAMES TORONTO 2017 OPENING CEREMONY (8 p.m. ET on CTV.)

W5 also airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. on CTV Two and Sundays (see local listings). W5 can also be seen on demand at CTVNews.ca/W5, and on the CTV NEWS GO app (visit CTV.ca for local television listings).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.