Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
inb4 ctv claims everything is theirs by saying "CTV's" before it in promos ......
I'm a little late with this comment but I find CTV's "ownership" of every show including imports to be a bit too pretentious. CTV doesn't produce these shows nor have any input into the productions. All they're doing is showing someone else's work in the Canadian market. In other fields such as bookselling for instance Indigo would not be able to claim ownership of a book published by say Random House. I'm a bit surprised that the American networks haven't objected to CTV stealing the credit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I suppose they can get away with saying it's "theirs", since they've paid money for the rights, therefore they own what they paid for......
I'm not saying that it's right or wrong though!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
They own the rights to show the program, developed and produced by NBC, in Canada only. They don't own the program. By saying "CTV's Smash" for example they're implying something different that goes beyond just owning the broadcast rights. It sounds like they've actually been involved editorially and artistically in the development of the show in a way such as the CBC has in the past been involved in several international series (e.g. The Tudors, Dr. Who).

However this off topic so I'll just leave it at that. Merry Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
CTV is juggling their schedule by showing GOLDEN BOY and GRIMM on CTV Two for 1 week.

Tuesday, May 7 on CTV Two

8 p.m. – GOLDEN BOY – “Beast of Burden” – NEW EPISODE – SPECIAL TIME

9 p.m. – DANCING WITH THE STARS – RESULTS EPISODE – LIVE

10 p.m. – GRIMM – “Kiss of the Muse” – NEW EPISODE – NEW DAY AND TIME

Press Release.

Tuesday, May 14 on CTV

8 p.m. – GOLDEN BOY – “Next Question” – SEASON FINALE – SPECIAL TIME

9 p.m. – THE VOICE – NEW EPISODE – LIVE

10 p.m. – GRIMM – “The Walking Dead” – NEW EPISODE

Press Release.

Too many shows and not enough simsub slots. ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Summer Lineup

With new programs still to be announced, CTV’s summer schedule already features a lineup of returning hits such as SAVING HOPE (@SavingHopeTV), THE LISTENER (@listenertv), MASTERCHEF, and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, along with the premieres of all-new comedies and dramas like SATISFACTION (@SatisfactionTV) and MISTRESSES, as well as encore broadcasts of this season’s newest hit MOTIVE (@MotiveTV).
NEW SERIES

MISTRESSES – Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning June 3

SATISFACTION – Mondays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning June 24

THE AMAZING RACE CANADA – Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning July 15

RETURNING SERIES

ANGER MANAGEMENT – Mondays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning June 24

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE – Season Premiere Tues, May 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two; Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning June 25

MASTERCHEF – Season Premiere Wednesday, May 22 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV; moves to 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning May 29

THE LISTENER – Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning May 29

MOTIVE – Airs Monday, May 20 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV, moves to Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning May 23
Encore presentations airing in simulcast with ABC.

HOT IN CLEVELAND – Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning May 26

SAVING HOPE – Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CTV beginning June 25

SPECIAL EVENT TELEVISION

THE 2013 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS – Sunday, May 19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
CTV has acquired two new series for its hot summer schedule, including the all-new reality game show HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT, premiering Thursday, July 11, and the murder mystery competition series WHODUNNIT? premiering Sunday, June 23.

Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
UNFORGETTABLE Season 2 airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning July 28 on CTV (simulcast with CBS). Leading up to the action-packed Season 2 premiere, fans and newcomers can now catch up on all 22 episodes from Season 1 on CTV.ca.

Press Release.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts