Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to check out this game? Reviews are coming in good. Crysis has been the benchmark game for PC graphics for so long. I'll be checking out the 360 version.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Any word on performance improvements for the PC? The original Crysis was an absolute dog, to the point that it ruined the game. I hope this one is better because I'll be running it on the same computer!

-Mike

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I wasn't aware that it was even possible for newer PC games to require less powerful hardware than the games that came before them.

The graphics card companies wouldn't be happy about that.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
At the time the original Crysis was released, I had a brand new, very high end PC, with the top Nvidea graphics card available, and Crysis still ran lousy. It was very disappointing.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First level last night and I was reminded what I didn't like about the original Crysis. Instead of a linear hallway, it's a very open area where you fight. That's good. But it's hard to see where all the enemies are coming from. But I'll push through.

Graphics on the 360 look great. Almost too great. lol Instead of just racing through, I want to look around. Apparently the second half is really good. I'll see how it goes.

As for the PC version, have fun trying to buy a good enough GPU. I was a big PC gamer till a few years ago, and I'm glad I switched. No more playing the "game" of adjusting sliders to max out performance. The game is the actual game. Get in and play and feel comfortable everyone else is playing the same game.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
scrooloose said:
At the time the original Crysis was released, I had a brand new, very high end PC, with the top Nvidea graphics card available, and Crysis still ran lousy. It was very disappointing.
Strange, I was in the same boat (Core 2 Duo, GeForce 8800 GTX, 8GB RAM) when I first played Crysis and it ran well. Sure, I had to drop the resolution because the native resolution of my display (2560x1600) would be too slow, but I recall it running just fine at 1280x800, well over 60fps with the other settings set to "high". If I dropped some of the visual qualities one notch down from "high", it ran well at 1920x1200 @45fps or so. This is with anti-aliasing off.

Of course, if lower resolutions like 1280x800 bother you, then playing games on the current generation of consoles would be torture!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your high end PC if you couldn't get it to run Crysis properly?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm currently playing the game. Really liked the single player but the multiplayer leaves a lot to be desired. Feels like reskinned Call of duty and nothing like previous Crysis experiences. I have over 1000 hours logged on Crysis wars multiplayer and must say I feel let down with Crysis 2. No vehicles, No DX11 no large maps, low Rez textures, limited server options and game setting options... I'm upset:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts