Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one of these DTV Proposals?
CBAFT Moncton CBAFT-1 Saint John CBAFT-10 Fredericton CBAFT-5 Charlottetown CBAT-TV-2 Moncton CBCT Charlottetown CBEFT Windsor CBET Windsor CBFJ-TV St. John’s CBFT Montréal CBFT-15 Whitehorse CBHFT Halifax CBJET Saguenay CBKFT Regina CBKFT-1 Saskatoon CBKST Saskatoon CBLFT-11 Barrie CBLFT-18 Thunder Bay CBLFT-8 Kitchener CBLFT-9 London CBLN-TV London CBLN-TV-1 Kitchener CBLT-TV-1 Barrie CBMT Montréal CBMT-1 Trois-Rivières CBMT-3 Sherbrooke CBNT St. John’s CBOFT Ottawa CBRFT Calgary CBRT-6 Lethbridge CBUT Vancouver CBVE-TV Québec CBXFT-3 Lethbridge CFAP-TV Québec CFJP-TV Montréal CFKM-TV Trois-Rivières CFKS-TV Sherbrooke CFMT-TV Toronto CFMT-TV-2 Ottawa CFPL-TV London CFRS-TV Saguenay CFTU-TV Montréal CFWH-TV Whitehorse CFYK-TV Yellowknife CH4127 Yellowknife CHCH-TV Hamilton CHCH-TV-1 Ottawa CHCH-TV-3 Barrie CHEK-TV Victoria CHNM-TV Vancouver CHTY-TV Yellowknife CHWT-TV Whitehorse CIAN-TV Calgary CICO-TV-28 Kitchener CICO-TV-32 Windsor CICO-TV-9 Thunder Bay CIII-TV-7 Barrie CITY-TV Toronto CIVA-TV Rouyn-Noranda/Val-d’Or CIVA-TV-1 Rouyn-Noranda/Val-d’Or CIVC-TV Trois-Rivières CIVM-TV Montréal CIVO-TV Ottawa CIVQ-TV Québec CIVS-TV Sherbrooke CIVV-TV Saguenay CJAL-TV Edmonton CJIL-TV Lethbridge CJMT-TV Toronto CJMT-TV-2 Ottawa CJNT-TV Montréal CKAL-TV-1 Lethbridge or CKXT-TV-1 Hamilton?
I Can not seem to find them on the CRTC website. Are they even posted?

Read ya l8r,
Al

·
Super Moderator
5,075 Posts
You won't find CBLN-TV-1 Kitchener or London, or CBLFT-TV-1 Kitchener or London, as the CBC won't be launching a DTV transmitter in either city (French or English stations).

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
This list can be shortened quite a bit. For instance Whitehorse and Yellowknife aren't even mandatory markets any longer. And I recognize a number of stations on your list are to be shutdown (CBC and SRC) so there will be no proposal for those.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
And I recognize a number of stations on your list are to be shutdown (CBC and SRC) so there will be no proposal for those.
Yes. The CBC has announced that they will only be transitioning originating stations. Repeaters in mandatory markets will be shut down.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Emerald Boar, if you don't mind, can you point me to where you found:

CFMT-TV Toronto
CJMT-TV Toronto
CITY-TV Toronto
CIII-TV Toronto

I found all the others I was looking for.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hate to dig up an old thread, but I find myself looking for a number of these proposals for stations that appear in the Industry Canada database as having permission to operate digitally. I cannot locate these stations:

- CIVG Sept-Iles
- CIVB Rimouski
- CIVB-1 Grand-Fonds
- CIII-27 Peterborough
- CFKM Trois-Riviere
- CIVS Sherbrooke
- CFMT-2 Ottawa
- CHCH-1 Ottawa
- CFJP Montreal
- CITY Toronto
- CHCH Hamilton

I've located, quite literally, every other station. Any chance anyone knows where to find these?

- Trip

·
Registered
442 Posts
I can't help you dig these up Trip but I wonder if you came across CIVK channel 32 Gascons QC? Its showing AU at 180kw in the Industry Canada database.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I actually somehow missed that one while going through the database (one entry at a time) over the weekend. I need to add that to my database, and I didn't spot its proposal either. Sorry.

- Trip

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Trip, I could never find CIVP Chapeau, but teleQuebec claims it is up and running.
I'm curious, because we often get tropo ducting from up the valley, and I wondered what power CIVP was running at, since it is co-channel to desired station WNPI. (In practice, WNPI reception is more affected by the new adjacent channel 22 at only 15 degrees off for me, but at about 50 dB higher received power.)

·
Registered
341 Posts
CIVP's digital signal isn't even in the Industry Canada database, let alone anywhere in the documents I saw.

- Trip

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I know, that's why it is so strange.

Perhaps IC has approved it, but the CRTC has not.
There is a field in the IC database called "OK TO DUMP". If it is not set to "yes", then those records will not be made available in the public version of the database that we can download from the website. Sometimes (but not always) the CRTC has to approve something before it is made public. Sometimes not. I haven't figured out the pattern yet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks. The announcement only said it was for CHCH-3, but CHCH and CHCH-1 are also inside. :)

- Trip

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here's a puzzler, I have the number for CFMT (2010-1431-5) but can't find a file to go with the number.

- Trip

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Trip
Application by Société de Télédiffusion du Québec to renew, for a 7-year period, the broadcasting licence of the television programming undertaking CIVM-TV Montréal and its transmitters CIVM-DT Montréal, CIVO-TV Gatineau, CIVP-TV Chapeau, CIVS-TV Sherbrooke, CIVC-TV Trois-Rivières, CIVQ-TV Québec, CIVV-TV Saguenay, CIVA-TV Val d'Or, CIVA-TV-1 Rouyn, CIVG-TV Sept-Îles, CIVB-TV Rimouski, CIVK-TV Carleton, CIVK-TV-1 Anse-aux-Gascons, CIVK-TV-2 Percé, CIVK-TV-3 Gaspé, CIVB-TV-1 Grand-Fonds, CIVF-TV Baie-Trinité, expiring 31 August 2009.
The licensee states that it intends to comply with the 31 August 2011 deadline for analog television transmission shutdown and will convert its transmitters to digital operation.
@ http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2009/2009-196.htm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts