Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2008-171, the CRTC has approved an application from Rogers for a national, English-language Category 2 specialty station devoted to the coverage of baseball called Baseball TV.

Rogers proposed to broadcast live Major League Baseball (MLB) games comprising a maximum of 10% of its programming schedule and to include category 7 Drama and comedy among the programming categories from which it planned to draw its programming. The applicant specified that category 7 programming would be limited to no more than 15% of all programming broadcast during the broadcast week.

Rogers requested that it be permitted to achieve 100% closed captioning of its programming only by its sixth year of operation. The applicant also requested authorization to offer both a standard definition and a high definition (HD) version of Baseball TV.

The Commission did not receive any interventions in connection with this application.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No don't expect anymore Jays games on it than are now on TSN. Rogers is not going to show more Jays games on their competitors new network!

·
Banned
844 Posts
No don't expect anymore Jays games on it than are now on TSN. Rogers is not going to show more Jays games on their competitors new network!
I think you may be confused here, the baseball channel that just got approval is owned by ROGERS!. Why wouldn't they put Jays games on their own channel?!

I expect this to be similar to the Raptors NBA TV where they will partner up with MLB Network for programming and also have extensive Jays-related programming since they own the Jays.

Interesting that in the decision it says that they can only air a small amount of MLB games but there is no limit on other types of baseball. I am not a baseball fan but what other leagues are out there that they can air- AAA minor league, Cuban or Japanese leagues?!

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you may be confused here, the baseball channel that just got approval is owned by ROGERS!. Why wouldn't they put Jays games on their own channel?!
Whoops! I'm an idiot. When I responded to this thread, I also had the new TSN2 thread open so I thought I was thinking that someone was saying that more Jays games would be on TSN2.

Sorry about the confusion!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts