Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sounds like Bell wants to reduce broadcaster requirements for time shifting? or maybe, i'm just way off.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Bell wants to stop doing blackouts of US and distant Canadian stations in small markets that have independent local broadcasters. This will not affect most subscribers.

The application of sections 42(1)(b) and 43(1) of the Broadcasting Distribution Regulations (the Regulations) is suspended
Simultaneous Program Substitution and Deletion
(42)(1)(b) delete, in respect of subscribers located within the Grade B contour of the Canadian television programming undertaking, a programming service that is comparable to that of the Canadian television programming undertaking and that would otherwise be received simultaneously by those subscribers.
Non-simultaneous Program Deletion
43. (1) Except as otherwise provided under a condition of its licence, if a licensee receives, at least four days before the date on which the programming service is broadcast, a written request for deletion from the operator of a licensed Canadian television programming undertaking, the licensee shall delete, in respect of subscribers located within the Grade B contour of the Canadian television programming undertaking, a programming service that is comparable to that of the Canadian television programming undertaking and that would otherwise be received by those subscribers on a non-simultaneous basis within the same broadcast week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i don't get it. they have a channel call crtc, and couldn't understand nothing. Well, with everything about the law, copyright, sometimes it takes me a long to before i get it!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I actually agree with this. In my market, for instance, all the TVA stations are deleted from the service because of the local CHOT-TV. I'm surprised the V stations aren't also deleted, since CFGS-TV is also independent.

It must be tough in markets with independent CTV or CBC stations, do they really delete all of the 200s channels that carry CTV or CBC programming?

·
Registered
805 Posts
You see CFGS-TV on Bell?

·
Registered
380 Posts
You see CFGS-TV on Bell?
CFGS-TV is not on Bell TV as far as I am aware (and not on my guide).

This shouldn't matter. I am within CFGS's Grade B contour, therefore my understanding of the law is they have to delete any V station from out-of-market. If Radio-Nord complained to the CRTC about Bell TV's carriage of CFJP-TV into Ottawa, I bet the other V affiliates would disappear, that is, unless the CRTC grants them this exemption.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts