Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some info from EURO-WORDL Network, company that provides Croatian Tv (HRT) thru GlobeCast WTV platform in USA. I was informed that HRT will be available thru either GlobeCast in Canada (Globecast getting licence) or thru Canadian Provider.

They didin't know which one it's going to be but they told me by end of Jan 2005 HRT will be available in Canada as it's going PAY TV as of March 2005.

Does anyone have any more info? Do you guys think that Globecast would be able to get licence? I don't think so. I think that Bell will carry new foreign channels. Does anyone think Rogers will pick up Croatian TV? There are ALOT of Croatian people in Ontario. Hopefully it's come to both Rogers and Bell.

Any comments are welcome and more than appreciated

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Rogers is generally the leader in carriage of ethnic programming services. They do have more than any other provider. So if it gets carriage, Rogers is likely the one to provide it. The CRTC has recenlty opened the door to more foreign 3rd language programming services, so it would likely be approved if someone applies for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HRT is coming to Canada, no questions about it
They just don't know what provider is going to carry it
Email mentioned Globecast also. Maybe they are getting a licence for Canada!?

·
Registered
203 Posts
croat said:
HRT is coming to Canada, no questions about it
They just don't know what provider is going to carry it
Email mentioned Globecast also. Maybe they are getting a licence for Canada!?
That's great news, finally we can see some real soccer action!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get HRT thru IA5 satellite right now as it's FTA
Last week I watched DNEVNIK (Daily news show) and at the end of the show they mentioned HRT getting encrypted
They said after it goes encrypt, they'll start showing movies, series and SOCCER
Right now they show maybe 2-3 soccer games a year but once they go encrypt they said they'll be showing Croatian Leauge soccer, and other games

It better be available in Canada as they promised

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.