Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Canadian Press' David Friend is reporting that the old basic Crave tier is no longer available even as a legacy package for existing subscribers. Instead, existing direct subscribers will get Crave Total as a "trial" until March 29, 2022, then presumably they'll have to decide which package to take going forward.

It's not clear what'll happen to those who subscribed to Crave Basic through a TV provider, and it may be up to the provider to decide how to handle it. I've noticed that on Rogers, the separate Crave + Movies + HBO on-demand folder has already been removed and its content merged into the Crave folder. Several providers like Rogers and Cogeco are now showing a single $20 Crave plan which in some cases also now includes the Super Écran channels.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I wasn't expecting that. I might have to uncancel my annual subscription - which just didn't seem to be worth it (for just Crave) with so little new content - and my unwillingness to pay another $10 for (each?) of HBO and Showtime.

Perhaps I was not the only one!

·
Super Moderator
18,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
I wonder what they will do with people with recent annual subscriptions to basic Crave, which could run as long as October 2022. My guess is there will be so few of them that they will be given full access until their annual renewal date.

I assume that anyone with an annual subscription to basic Crave will be billed for Crave Total on their automatic renewal date, so keep a close eye on things if that's not what you want.
... and my unwillingness to pay another $10 for (each?) of HBO and Showtime.
Showtime series were included in basic Crave with a few exceptions like Shameless, that required a subscription to HBO + Movies. There was never an extra charge for a Showtime addon.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Showtime series were included in basic Crave with a few exceptions like Shameless, that required a subscription to HBO + Movies. There was never an extra charge for a Showtime addon.
I'd never realized that! Though truth be told, it's the HBO stuff I want to watch. I don't think I've wanted to watch a Showtime series since Jeremiah - which ironically isn't even available on Showime.

The only Showtime series I'm waiting to see is The Paper Chase - which again isn't available in Canada.

But I'll keep an eye open now!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
541 - 549 of 549 Posts