Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
My tv is not ‘smart’. I have Roku devices. So my choice is now to subscribe to Crave via Rogers or via Roku.
Direct streaming requires my spare laptop near my tv...I do that for the Perimeter Institute presentations but I’d prefer not to do it all the time.

I will subscribe if only to binge watch the Sopranos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
FYI if you have Rogers Ignite service and subscribe to Crave, you cannot use the Crave apps so that means Roku service would not work. You can only view Crave through the Ignite app and cable boxes.

·
Registered
612 Posts
That’s what the Rogers CS rep told me. And when I try to watch anything on the Crave app, I am told I need a subscription. I can watch the same shows on the Ignite app.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They're wrong, you can use any device with your crave, when you activate the device ie. Roku you have to use the cable provider sign in on activation, I use my Smart TV and Amazon Fire Stick with my Rogers sign in. Just have to sign in and put in the device code like you would on anything else.

·
Registered
612 Posts
They're wrong, you can use any device with your crave, when you activate the device ie. Roku you have to use the cable provider sign in on activation, I use my Smart TV and Amazon Fire Stick with my Rogers sign in. Just have to sign in and put in the device code like you would on anything else.

It isn’t working for me with Ignite. It used to work with Digital cable. Are you using Ignite?

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
See the post by RogersAndy in the previous link. Because Ignite TV is a totally separate system, Rogers has to your associate your Ignite TV account number with your MyRogers account. Then external services like Crave that check your Rogers account will find the correct entitlement.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am on Ignite, you should be able to use your Rogers log in for Crave on any device. I have it on multiple devices without any issues.

·
Registered
612 Posts
See the post by RogersAndy in the previous link. Because Ignite TV is a totally separate system, Rogers has to your associate your Ignite TV account number with your MyRogers account. Then external services like Crave that check your Rogers account will find the correct entitlement.

Yes. Support fixed it. Clearly they don’t all understand how it works. :(

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #512 (Edited)
WarnerMedia announced today that the HBO Max streaming platform will officially launch May 27th, 2020 in the U.S. EDIT: Includes trailers.

Bell Media announced in October that Crave would include HBO Max originals, with details about the Canadian launch to follow.

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #513
...Crave announced today that it’s providing one month free for any new subscribers with access to the internet, expanding from seven to 30 days the trial period that Canadians can sample the service. Available through April 30...
I saw a promo on TV. It sounds like you can still get the 30-day free trial if you sign up in May.

501 - 513 of 513 Posts