Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wondering if people using firefox and adobe player are getting alot of crashes using vista all updates done avg malwarebytes report no problems . some times blue screen , plugin failure any solutions suggested

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Who knows. It could be a million things. You really need to provide a lot more information such as when it happens, what programs are running, what you were doing etc.

Personally I have found Firefox and Adobe to be exceptionally prone to crashes and problems. If you have a lot of plug-ins then its likely thats your answer

My first advice would be to switch to Chrome and use foxit reader for a while and see what happens

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I second using Foxit Reader instead of Adobe Reader. Avoid using anything Adobe if possible. It tends to be bloated adware. Completely uninstall all Adobe software. The Flash plugin is a problem since it will not uninstall automatically and the files must be deleted manually after the system is restarted. I would also completely uninstall Firefox and all plugins, delete the Firefox preferences, cache, data, etc and start from scratch. I haven't experienced any crashes with recent versions of Firefox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts