Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard of it but never really paid too much attention until I heard it was written by Paul Haggis, writer of Million Dollar Baby.

He is on fire! I just got home from seeing and it is amazing, powerful writing and the entire cast (Terrence Dashon Howard,Sandra Bullock, Larenz Tate, Thandie Newton, Ludacris, Don Cheadle) delivered!

Sadly it's better than his previous work, Million Dollar Baby. :smilemad:

There no question that this is a must see!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I saw Crash this afternoon; it's a well-made film with some sharp writing, but it's not without some problems. Primarily, it's relentlessly bleak. None of the major characters are particularly nice people, and I walked out of the theater feeling like none of them will have been changed for the better by what transpired to them through the course of the movie. For a story about race relations and human interaction, Crash doesn't offer much hope.

While watching Crash, I couldn't help but think it plays like a grander, darker, more cynical version of Grand Canyon, Lawrence Kasdan's 1991 rumination about race and human relations as told through the unlikely convergence of disparate characters in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Will look forward to renting this when it comes out on DVD

what type of movie is it? thriller , drama ? Never heard of this one

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Well, I expected it (plus it was gaining momentum and I had a hard time finding critics who didn't have it on the top of their best movie lists).

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
So what's with this backlash against Crashing winning best picture? I thought it was an excellent movie but you have these bozos saying what a disgrace it was for it to win and how they have lost all enjoyment in watching movies because of it. Talk about get a life.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I saw it about two weeks ago when it came to TMN-HD. I had put off watching it for a long time because I thought it was going to be another typical white vs. black racism movie. It wasn't.

As soon as it was over I said, "this has to win best movie."

I don't think it had anything to do with gay bashing or hollywood insiders patting themselves on the back. It was a good movie.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Proteosome said:
I saw it about two weeks ago when it came to TMN-HD. I had put off watching it for a long time because I thought it was going to be another typical white vs. black racism movie. It wasn't.

As soon as it was over I said, "this has to win best movie."

I don't think it had anything to do with gay bashing or hollywood insiders patting themselves on the back. It was a good movie.

Good call, I also saw it at that time and thought what you thought. I think the "Oscar hype" over the other movie was way too much adn not enough for Crash.
Excellent movie anyway you slice it. :D

I still have not seen Brokeback for reasons I guess my homophobic "mid 40's" mentality won't take me to the show or to rent that specific title. Petty yes but true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts