Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
@Phage yes, you will have to use a BDU login if you want to watch live or for archived episodes. Episodes of most programs are available on demand the day after broadcast for 7 days - no login required.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hopefully this app makes its way to my Samsung K8500 player. CTV Go is there now just need Global

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
And unlike the Fibe AppleTV app, it does not require a Rogers internet subscription. The Fibe app for AppleTV requires a Bell internet subscription also but you can use it on WIFI with computer or iPad no problem without Bell internet.

The Global GO app, no problems.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
GLOBAL TV NOW STREAMING ON ALL ROKU DEVICES IN CANADA

Global TV announced today that its extensive offering of hit shows are now available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Consumers can access the Roku platform through Roku streaming players as well as Roku TV™ models from Hisense, RCA, Sharp, Sanyo and TCL.

In addition to Roku streaming devices, the Global TV App is available on iOS, Apple TV, Android, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV. Full episodes of Global series are available for free on Roku streaming devices for the first seven days after they air on television. To unlock Global's entire lineup, viewers can sign in to the Global TV App with their TV service provider credentials to access full episodes and exclusive clips anytime. For more information, visit GlobalTV.com.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
^^^^
My new Sharp TV, which I bought a couple of weeks ago, has Roku. However, I haven't bothered enabling it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
@ Dr. Dave......."TV service provider credentials" ????? Would it not be obvious by now that the majority on this forum are OTA only?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have no idea what you're basing that assumption on, because it's not true at all. OTA is a minority in Canada, by far. Huge swaths of the country have no or next to no OTA service.

It's the same here. The majority are not OTA. Not even close.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
@north49 "Full episodes of Global series are available for free on Roku streaming devices for the first seven days after they air on television." You don't need a TV service provider or even an antenna. You can also watch on other supported devices, so you don't even need a TV. CTV and Citytv also allow free access for 7 days for most programs.

It's probably true that we have more OTA enthusiasts on this site than the average population, but I don't think they comprise the majority of the readers. We are willing to discuss all related technologies even if they are only available to a small number of people.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
So what was the point of your reply then?
There are two reasons I mentioned it. One is technical, in that my TV will not accept 63 character WiFi passwords. However, the main reason is that you can't activate it without providing a credit card number, even if you have no intention of using paid services. That *REALLY* bothers me. If they need my CC number, then let me know when I try to access a paid service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just check and it is there but they gives you a code to activate and I click on Vidéotron to sign in and nothing works. I will tried again in a couple of days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like Corus has removed all GO/streaming apps except Global Go from the Apple app store. Wonder why they decided to do that?

·
Registered
369 Posts
^^
That's what I thought, there is no more videos on the YTV app, there's only a video called "Important Notice", but I get a error when trying to play it. I missed some shows last friday, I wanted to catch up using the app, I guest I'll check the anyplace tv app instead...

I haven't checked Disney and Nickelodeon app yet.

Wondering if Corus is planning an all in one app or something...

Edit: the Disney app keep loading forever. The Nick app have the same important notice video, I was be able to play it, it just say that the app is no longer available since may 1st and that we have to use the app provide by our cable service provider.

I guest I can safely remove those 3 app from my phone.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
GLOBAL TV APP LAUNCHES NEW ALL-IN-ONE STREAMING EXPERIENCE FEATURING MORE NETWORKS AND SHOWS AVAILABLE NOW LIVE AND ON DEMAND

Corus Entertainment unveiled today the all-new Global TV App – an all-in-one streaming experience delivering Canadians a first-of-its-kind TV product with access to the country’s top networks, news, and shows live and on demand. The Global TV App is now home to more hit shows than ever-before, adding full seasons and live streams from Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, W Network, HISTORY, Showcase, and Slice, and launches in Canada as the first streaming product to provide Canadians with free, 24/7 access to local and national news feeds from Global News. The new Global TV App is available today on iOS, Android, and Chromecast, and at watch.globaltv.com, with more platform updates rolling out in the coming months. When it comes to premium networks and hit TV shows, finally one app’s got it all!

With Canada’s top lifestyle, drama, and factual networks now in one place for the first time, the all-new Global TV App offers users two distinct way to stream anytime:

Download the Global TV App and Watch for Free
Download the app and immediately stream free content live and on demand including 24/7 local and national news feeds from Global News, a limited-time collection of hit Original series from Food Network Canada and HGTV Canada, plus access to Global’s hit primetime shows free for seven days after their broadcast premieres. Global News will provide users with 24/7 access to free local and national news feeds featuring up-to-the-minute headline tickers, sports scores, weather, and more.

Download the Global TV App and Sign In with your Cable Credentials
The Global TV App’s multi-authentication tool allows users with a cable subscription to unlock streaming access to every network included in their cable package, anywhere and anytime. The enhanced TV platform allows viewers to toggle between live network feeds, in addition to on demand access to an extensive catalogue of current seasons of premium scripted and unscripted series from all genres including drama, comedy, reality, lifestyle, late-night, news, and daytime. Featured networks within the app include: Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, W Network, HISTORY, Showcase, Slice and, coming soon, National Geographic and Adult Swim.

In addition to Global’s award-winning lineup of hit shows from New Amsterdam and Prodigal Son to Survivor and Big Brother Canada, the Global TV App is now home to even more great content from Corus’ suite of specialty networks. Download the Global TV App today and log in with a cable subscription to access shows like Vikings, Island of Bryan, Top Chef Canada, Outlander, The Sinner, Vanderpump Rules and so much more. All available live and on demand with a cable subscription to that network.

Global is a Corus Entertainment Network and is available through all major TV distributors, including: Shaw, Shaw Direct, Rogers, Bell, Videotron, Telus, Cogeco, Eastlink, SaskTel and the new STACKTV, streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video Channels.

·
Super Moderator
16,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Here is the FAQ I pasted from my Android phone - I couldn't find an up-to-date web link easily.

What is the Global TV app?

The Global TV app is the place for on-demand shows and live TV! The latest on-demand content for the Global TV channel is available to everyone on the app within 7 days of the broadcast air date.

To catch up on Global episodes after the first 7 days - and to access live TV and the full season of your favourite shows - sign in with the username and password associated with your TV Service Provider account. You will also have access to locked content from the other premium channels if they are included in your TV subscription package.

How much does it cost?

The app is free to download and use.

Can I watch shows in the Global TV app without signing in with a TV provider?

Yes. Shows on the Global channel are available to stream without signing in for the first 7 days after broadcast. And it's totally free to use!

You can sign in to access content from premium channels, as long as they are included in your TV subscription package.

Can I watch live TV?

Yes! Global News Live stream is free. Live TV streams for other channels are available once you sign in with your TV provider password. Just tap on the “LIVE” tab, select a channel and sign in.

Please note that at this time we only provide the following Global channel locations: BC, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Maritimes.

We are hoping to add more regions soon, so please let us know if you would like to see your local station available!

Why can't I access the specialty channels I am subscribed to when I sign in with my Bell credentials?

Unfortunately Bell has made a decision that prevents subscribers from unlocking the additional content from Showcase, W Network, Slice, HGTV, and Food Network via the Global TV app.

We encourage you to share your feedback with Bell directly. Note that you will be able to access the Global TV and History live-stream and on-demand content with your Bell credentials.

Will the Global TV app use my cellular data plan (4G/LTE)?

You have the option in settings to restrict content playback to WiFi only.

If you choose to allow cellular playback, you may incur mobile data plan charges.

Can I download shows and store them on my device?

No. You can only stream content while connected to the Internet. There is no option to save or store content locally on the device

Can I use the Global TV app outside of Canada?

You will not be able to watch video outside Canada on this device as the content is only licensed for audiences in Canada.

Can I use the Global TV app on a rooted device?

No. You will receive error messages if the device has been tampered with in any way from factory settings.

This is a requirement from our studios to ensure the content is protected fully when playing on an Android phone or tablet.

Is the content within the app the same as on your website?

You can enjoy almost all the same videos that are currently on watch.globaltv.com. There are a few exceptions, because of licensing agreements with the TV studios.

Does the Global TV app include advertisements?

The app includes video advertisements similar to the on-air broadcast.

How long is content available on the Global TV app?

Content on the Global TV app is available for as long as licensing agreements permit.

Why isn’t my TV Provider listed?

The Global TV app is available with most major Canadian TV cable, satellite and IPTV providers, and many smaller providers.

Please check back soon to see if your television provider has become a partner on our app. To speed up the process, please contact your TV provider to inquire about this service.

What if I have forgotten my Username and Password from my TV Provider?

Please contact your television service provider to gain access. Corus Entertainment does not store or provide that information.

Do I have to sign in every time I open the app?

No! Your first sign-in remains valid for 120 days, and will reset for another 120 days every time you open the app. So, if you sign in once and come back every week to catch up on your favourite shows, you will not need to sign in again.

How many people in my household can sign in at the same time on devices?

You can have 5 people streaming on your account at any given time

Where is the TV schedule?

We are working on including the TV schedule for all channels available in the app. For now, you can access the schedule at https://watch.globaltv.com/live-tv/global/.

Having issues casting with your Chromecast device?

Ensure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network as the device you are casting from. The cast icon will only show up in the Global TV app if both your Chromecast and your device are connected to the same WiFi network. If you are still having issues, unplug the power supply of your Chromecast and turn your TV off and on. This should resolve most connectivity issues.

Alternatively you can use the Google Home application: tap on the ‘Devices’ option in the top right corner, tap ‘Settings’ on your Chromecast device and tap ‘Reboot.’

Still having issues with your Chromecast device?

Visit the Official Google Chromecast Help Center: https://support.google.com/chromecast/chromecast/?hl=en#topic=3058948If you believe the issue is with the Global TV app and not your Chromecast device, please send us a detailed message via our feedback section outlining the issue and we will investigate.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just activated this on my Apple TV 4K, and activation went well using my cable company (Eastlink) credentials.

·
Registered
985 Posts
On fùrther checking, I realized that only Global content is available for now on Apple TV. When I checked the Corus website, it says that the app will be updated on Apple TV to include prgranning ftom the other networks in June.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts