Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Just because the broadcaster has the rights to stream a program, that does not mean it is available. They may acquire the exclusive rights to prevent other services from streaming them, place restrictions on their availability or choose to not to make them available through streaming at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
The Global TV App has added regional news streams for Winnipeg, Halifax and Montreal, joining existing free B.C., Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and National based streams.

Providing viewers with 24/7 news and information, each stream delivers live breaking news, live simulcasts of each region’s respective television newscast, and a continually updating array of reporting highlighting the biggest news stories relevant to each stream’s respective region. (Press Release)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Why can't I access the specialty channels I am subscribed to when I sign in with my Bell credentials?

Unfortunately Bell has made a decision that prevents subscribers from unlocking the additional content from Showcase, W Network, Slice, HGTV, and Food Network via the Global TV app.

We encourage you to share your feedback with Bell directly. Note that you will be able to access the Global TV and History live-stream and on-demand content with your Bell credentials.
I called Bell today for this issue. Spoke with someone in technical support. Spent considerable amount of time explaining what Global TV app was, and what my issues were with Global TV app as a Bell customer. The man on the other side of the line did not understand. After I pressed him a bit he said that he was overseas. That was why he did not even know what Global TV was. Sigh. Guess there is no recourse for me, through Bell or through Corus.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The Global App now works as it should for Eastlink subscribers, and apparently an agreement has been reached. I had basically forgotten this, until I received an email from Global today letting me know that the issue had been resolved. It’s quite remarkable that they remembered me, 7 months later.

·
Super Moderator
17,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Global News has added unique streams for Okanagan, Lethbridge, Peterborough and Kingston to the Global TV App. They join existing B.C., Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and National based streams, expanding Global News’ roster to 12 free streams within the app. (Press Release)

101 - 106 of 106 Posts