Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When are we gonna have new ancient aliens episode on history?
I haven't seen any news from History Canada. They are currently repeating the spring episodes on Fridays, so we might see new episodes around the end of August. I noticed that they didn't seem to have aired the episode The Time Benders which aired in the U.S. on March 18, since it's not on-demand or streaming. You might want to keep a lookout for that one if you want to see them all. The U.S. started airing new episodes of Ancient Aliens on July 8.

----

History U.S. also released new episodes of Modern Marvels and The Fast History of on July 11, not yet on the Canadian schedule.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
W Network will premiere Season 2 of Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem as a marathon on Sunday Sept 4 starting at 8pm e/p. The full season will also be available on @STACKTV, the Global TV app and On Demand with your cable provider on Monday Sept 5. (Twitter)

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nickelodeon announced 13 additional Rugrats episodes for the upcoming season two, bringing the season's total to 26, as well as the renewal of a 13-epiosde season three. YTV airs the series in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What to Watch on HISTORY Channel This Summer - HISTORY Canada .

ALONE: FROZEN - New Series Thursday August 11. Note: Alone: Frozen Before the Freeze airs August 4 at 11:30 PM ET following the season finale of Alone. (Zap2it)

See the article for on-going series.

----

Vampire Academy is coming to W Network this Fall, part of STACKTV. (Twitter) The first four episodes will premiere on Peacock on September 15, with the remaining 6 episodes dropping weekly on Thursdays. (Source)

----

Showcase added showpages that say "coming this fall" for The Midwich Cuckoos, The Resort and Tom Swift.

----

While announcing some of the guest stars on Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai, HBO Max mentioned that the series will debut next year and later on Cartoon Network. HBO Max and Teletoon had previously said it would premiere this fall.

----

The first-ever SpongeBob Universe crossover special, The Tidal Zone, is slated to premiere in November on Nickelodeon U.S. The one-hour special encompasses all three animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years and The Patrick Star Show, which air on YTV in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
New this fall, four fearless explorers band together to solve the legend of Slumach’s lost gold mine in Deadman’s Curse (8×60), premiering Sunday, September 11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on The HISTORY Channel. (Corus Press Release)

----

A new 10-episode season of Help! I Wrecked My House premieres on Saturday, August 27 on HGTV U.S. HGTV special Help! I Wrecked My House: Jasmine Buys a Cabin, airs on Saturday, October 1. (Source)

HGTV U.S. has picked up the eight-episode second season of Fix My Flip, slated to premiere in 2023. (Source)

HGTV U.S. has ordered a six-episode third season of Ugliest House in America, slated to premiere in early 2023. (Source)

HGTV U.S. has ordered a six-episode second season of Home Town Takeover, slated to premiere in early 2023. (Source)

----

OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network returns for a hot new Season 6 of its hit dating series Ready to Love Friday, July 29. (OWN U.S. Press Release)

----

Adult Swim announced that Rick and Morty Season Six will premiere globally starting on Sunday, September 4th at 11:00 p.m. ET. (Adult Swim U.S. Press Release)

----

Peacock will release all 7 episodes of the seventh and final season of TrollsTopia on August 11. (Source) The series airs on YTV.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This month on STACKTV (Twitter)
More Power featuring Tim Allen - August 30 on HISTORY Channel.
Running Wild with Bear Grylls - August 30 on National Geographic.

-----

Updated schedule for Thursday August 11 for HISTORY Canada

8:00 PM Alone: Frozen Before the Freeze (repeat of Aug. 4)
9:00 PM Alone: Frozen Premiere
10:00 PM Alone: Skills Challenge Premiere
10:30 PM Alone: Skills Challenge (new episode)

----

My Lottery Dream Home – season premiere Tuesday, August 9 at 9 PM on HGTV Canada.

HGTV Smart Home Giveaway 2022 - premiere Thursday, August 11 at 9 PM on HGTV Canada.

New York Super Airport - premiere Tuesday, August 9 at 9 PM on National Geographic Canada.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Good Trouble Will Return for Season 5 on Freeform. (Source) The series airs on ABC Spark in Canada.

----

Starz officially confirmed the Outlander prequel series titled Outlander: Blood of My Blood is being produced by Sony Pictures Television for the channel. (Deadline) W Network airs Outlander in Canada and would be the obvious destination for the prequel.

----

Deadline reported that HBO Max has canceled animated series Little Ellen ahead of its Season 3 premiere, even though the season was completed, possibly for tax reasons related to the Warner Bros. Discovery merger. Treehouse airs the series in Canada.

----

Hamster & Gretel will premiere with new episodes on Aug. 13 and 14 on Disney Channel Canada.

Disney Junior Canada has begun airing newer episodes of Mickey Mouse Funhouse.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
SHOWCASE AND W NETWORK FALL PREMIERES

Showcase

The Midwich Cuckoos
premiering Thursday, September 1 at 9 p.m. ET.

The Resort premiering Sunday, September 11 at 9 p.m. ET.

Tom Swift debuting Tuesday, September 13 at 8 p.m. ET.

A Friend of The Family premiering Monday, October 17 at 9 p.m. ET,

The Lazarus Project premieres Thursday, October 20 at 9 p.m. ET.

Chucky returns with Season 2 on Wednesday, October 5 at 9 p.m. ET,

All American returns with Season 5 on Monday, October 17 with back-to-back episodes at 7 and 8 p.m. ET.

Pennyworth: The Origins of Batman’s Butler Season 3 will also debut this October.

W Network

Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem
is back with a Chapter 2 marathon of all five episodes beginning at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Sunday, September 4,

The Good Fight concludes with its sixth and final season on Thursday, September 8 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Vampire Academy premiering Sunday, September 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Walker Independence debuting Sunday, October 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT,

Sex with Sue premieres on Monday, October 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. W Network Original feature-length documentary about sex educator Sue Johanson.

Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin on Thursday, November 24 with back-to-back episodes at 9 p.m. and 9:30 ET/PT.

Hallmark Channel’s Fall into Love is currently in full swing on W Network with 10 consecutive weeks of romantic and heart-warming movies back-to-back every weekend and 19 all-new exclusive premieres Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT until October 16. Then, W Network’s tentpole holiday programming event, Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas, will begin in October again this year with a jam-packed festive lineup of movie premieres and back-to-back movies every day during the holiday season. Movie titles and broadcast details will be announced at a later date.

Showcase is available on National Free Preview from October 1-31 and W Network is available on National Free Preview from November 1 – November 30.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Deadline reported that Lifetime’s The Bad Seed Returns sequel movie scheduled for premiere this Monday has been delayed in the wake of the Texas elementary school shooting. Lifetime Canada has the movie scheduled for Sunday, June 5, but may also pull it. Update: Lifetime Canada has removed the movie from its schedule.
Lifetime U.S. released their September Lineup including The Bad Seed Returns premiering on Labor Day, Monday, September 5.

----

Lifetime U.S. also announced 2 Movies for the 2022 Holiday Slate, which may not necessarily air in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
HGTV Canada

Thursday, August 18
9 PM PM Joined at the House Special
10 PM Off the Wall Builds Special

Thursday, August 25
10 PM My Flipping Family

Monday, August 29
8 PM Farmhouse Fixer Season 2 premiere, 2 episodes