Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if we can watch this? In the US, 4-5 games are on Fox, but most games are on FS1. According to wikipedia, Univision Canada has the Spanish rights, but nothing about English (or French for that matter). Will we be shut out of this.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Will we be shut out of this.
How so? You can watch it on Univision Canada.

I've looked around but I've seen no indication any Canadian network is showing it. TSN has Euro at the same time so I doubt they would want to pay for both and Sportsnet presumably didn't have the money. beIN has rights in other countries but presumably didn't want to pay for only Canadian rights seeing as they didn't get the US.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
How much is Rogers charging for PPV? That link sends me to Rogers home page, probably because I'm outside their region.

·
Registered
246 Posts
From Rogers website:

"16 teams from the Americas will compete.

June 3 to 14: Watch all 24 group matches of the 2016 Copa America Centenario. Included as part of the Rogers Super Sports Pak on Channels 461 and 462 at no additional charge for new and existing customers.
Playoff games are not included.

June 16 to 26: Individual playoff games are available for purchase on Sportsnet PPV starting at $9.99/ea.
Order with your remote on Channel 348 (HD) or 350 (SD).È

The super sports pak is $35.95 per month but it has a four months minimum requirement.

I wish it was on sportsnet world. There is nothing on that channel for summer (football).

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when asking will we be shut out, I meant English and French speakers!

Anyway, with the games occurring in the evenings, in theory TSN could have aired Euro2016 in the afternoon, and Copa America 100 in the evenings

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
>>I wish it was on sportsnet world. There is nothing on that channel for summer (football).<<

Sportsnet World is a bit of a rip off for a premium channel. REally all it has is the FA cup and some premier league games (you can get your fill of them on TSN and regular Sportsnet)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Bell is also providing on PPV. A little steep at $10/game with no package pricing.

FOX is also carrying a game a week starting tomorrow (Saturday) so keep your eye out for that. I don't believe these games are blacked out here and are in the IPG.

As for me, thank goodness for slingboxes and American friends / TV traders! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts