Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is TLN not showing this tournament again. They are usually hammering the commercials by now. Anyone heard otherwise

I'm gonna email them

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am thinking they did not get the rights to this time around with nothing on the website as well.

Andy Pereira
Football (Soccer) on Canadian TV

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It may have landed on GolTV Canada this time. I believe that GolTV US has American rights. Personally, I'd rather GolTV because TLN's picture quality is horrible, even if it means Ray Hudson.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm pretty sure GolTV had it last time. I recall Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson commentating during the USA v Argentina match.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. Agreed on the GolTV signal quality.

Hopefully GolTV will broadcast it again with dual audio signal this time. I prefer the Spanish comms.

Again, surprised GolTV hasn't been advertising it if they are going to show it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Updates are now available for the weekend with Blogger.com working again.

Andy Pereira
Football (Soccer) on Canadian TV

Thanks all for the support as always.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update, no answer at all from TLN ([email protected], [email protected]). I'll email GolTV

FYI, Just realized too that TLN will have their hands busy this summer with 2 other tournaments

FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany™
June 26 to July 17

2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup™
July 29 to August 20

Copa America runs July 1–July 24.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most likely the tournament would be on Gol TV Canada. If not i would be surprised at all with no one airing the tournament and i would doubt TLN en Espanol would be only carrying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know that there will be any coverage of this tournament in English in North America. I doubt GolTV has the funds for it this time around, and ESPN and Fox Sports may not want it due to costs. This would mean that neither TSN nor Rogers Sportsnet would get it unless they ponied up for the rights, which I don't see either one doing ATM...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heard back

Hi there,

Thank you for your email and interest in GOLTV Canada. I really appreciate you taking the time and sending us in your email.

With regards to your question about Copa America, unfortunately at this timeframe we are unsure whether or not GOLTV Canada will be broadcasting this. For the latest news, updates and tv programming please visit: www.goltv.ca . Thanks for being a fan!

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the states a bunch of channels will broadcast Copa America, even in HD, and in Canada we still don't have any information?
They wonder why people prefer DirectTV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like TLN will have the games again.

This is the tweet i got from @euroworldsport

@EuroWorldSport TLN Telelatino will have the Womens World
Cup LIVE broadcasts of all matches, FIFA U-20 World Cup and Copa America!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts