Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://games.spreadit.org/google-logo-doodle-google-balls-today/2010/09/07/

Only available on the US and UK Google websites for the time being. It's a cool new logo animation design that celebrates the anniversary of Google search. Move your mouse over the logo and the balls dissociate and then fall back into place when you take your mouse away.

Cool stuff. I wonder how much money and time this will cost businesses as Google's Pacman game did?

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't showing up for me on google.com but I did get to see it on google.co.uk :)

Neat!
Yeah, there's an interesting technicality regarding that— the Google.com that we see from Canada is not actually the US version, it's the "international" version, which doesn't have the logo. I had to do some digging to find out how to see the US Google site from Canada (or any other country), and it's via this link:

http://www.google.com/webhp?gl=us

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
They're having a press conference on search tomorrow and it seems like this was designed to drop a clue. Probably around the capabilities in HTML5 and web page actions without a mouse click.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're having a press conference on search tomorrow and it seems like this was designed to drop a clue. Probably around the capabilities in HTML5 and web page actions without a mouse click.
Quite possibly, yes. Today they've come out with a new, even more mysterious logo for the US and UK sites (not sure why Google.ca is not participating). It's a regular Google logo but it's all gray until you start typing in the search bar, at which point the gray "Google" logo begins filling in.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
No surprise - it's Instant Search that they released. You can find details on the annoucement on Engated or CNET. Rolling out to a bunch of countries right now but not Canada.....:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new logo was quite addicting playing with :) I just kept hovering my mouse over and over.

It is surely html5 - I'm curios when we'll see some kind of user friendly software that will allow us to build cool animations like that. There are tone of flash animation software out there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts