Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bell 9242 and 9241 each on a sinlge cable i would like to use the dual tuner fucntion. I know this can be acheived with using DPP LNBs and then splitters at the receivers...

BUT

How can I install a QUAD DPP LNB on a Bell express vu dish which has a Y adaptor and two single LNB (each single has two outputs) without having to realign my dish. The process of realigning sounds like a nightmare! I cannot find any single DPP LNBs with two outputs to buy on the net.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Like SG says, just remove the old LNBs and install the DPP LNB. If you have any legacy switches, they will need to be removed (or replaced with DPP switches for more than 2 receivers.)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The LNBF used now by Bell TV is a DPP Twin, it has 2 outputs and 1 Input, just make sure when hooking up you use the OUTPUTS, you would not believe the number of calls I get where an Input has been used.......

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Like SG says, just remove the Y adapter and install the DPP LNB. If you have any legacy switches, they will need to be removed (or replaced with DPP switches for more than 2 receivers.)
Don't remove the Y-adapter. If you do, you won't have anywhere to put the LNB lol.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
OOps. :eek: I meant remove the old LNB(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts