Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know if I should have posted this in the Rogers Cable section or Bell section, but anyway I have a problem. I have a contract with Rogers Cable that does not run out until January 2011. I also rent an Explorer 8300 HD but the problem is that I want to leave Rogers Cable without facing pentalty charges. Is there anyway of doing this because I unknowingly signed up for a promotion with Rogers which I did not not like that has a 1 year contract unfortunately. The reason I want to leave Rogers is to go with Bell TV because they have a promotion for a 1-3 year contract of not having to pay for a rental of an HD PVR box which would be free and it runs out on July 31. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
56,567 Posts
You will need to pay a penalty to break the contract. You may wish to call Rogers to ask them how much the penalty will be if you leave for Bell. You may also wish to negotiate a better deal with Rogers rather than switching to Bell by asking for the retentions department.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here is a quick solution. Call Rogers to cancel with the idea of going to Bell due to pricing and HD PVR free rental. They will then transfer you to customer relations (retention) which they will then make you an offer to stay with them normally you get a percentage off your cable and free rental on all you boxes for one year.

After the year is up call back and do the exact same thing.

There is also the way of telling them no one informed you it was a contract. Some CSR`s will listen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts