Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an Iphone from Bestbuy with Rogers service back in July as part of a Best Buy promotion, (500 Minutes and 500 MBs for $50) and then paid an extra $10 to "double my minutes and data"

I have this on the services contract that i signed.

Rogers is claiming that that promotion isn't valid with an Iphone, and that I have to pay almost double what my contract says I have to pay for the same service.

Anyone else have/heard of an issue like this and have any advice?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
was there a fine print on this promotion that stated that its only applicable to certain phones? the promotion is what you need to find, they sometimes gives flyers, or the agent can go into the sales central, or the library and look up the offer/plan in questoin, then phone into the DCC and they can make sure you are on the correct plan for the promotion.

the signed contract you have is wrong, since they put you on the wrong plan, why would you want to use that? it is not even relavent.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i want the contract i have because it's about 50% less then what they want to charge me.

The promotion was actually TIED to the iphone purchase anyway.. ( it was part of the 3gs dump the week before the 4 came out).

I would expect them to honor the contract that we both signed though. too much to ask?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
care to list all the details of your contract here? one by one? somethings not adding up. what is this 10 fee your paying for called? everything you pay for has a price, and a reference in the system, some are standard features, some are bonuses, make sure you are clearly identified which ones are which. when a csr tells me these things, i ask do they expire, what will stick on my line after 3 months, what are the names of the options that will show up on my bills.

the features have names and prices for a reason, to clearly identify them in the system, so make sure your clear and concise on what they are and what your paying for, please list them here.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well, i want the contract i have because it's about 50% less then what they want to charge me.

The promotion was actually TIED to the iphone purchase anyway.. ( it was part of the 3gs dump the week before the 4 came out).

I would expect them to honor the contract that we both signed though. too much to ask?
Bestbuy may very well have signed you up to the wrong plan, but, IMO, a contract is a contract. And since Bestbuy is a Rogers' authorized agent, I think Rogers has to ante up here. Now, they may not be able to let you continue on the plan Bestbuy sold you, in which case I think you have 2 options. 1. Declare the contract null and void since they will have to change a material term of the contract, or 2. They would have to replace it with something comparable. You'll probably have to escalate this to Customer Relations (Retention) or even to the Office of the President. But, IMO, for $60 or thereof, they can easily give you something comparable. I think they have an unlimited local voice Retention Plan for $35, and then add maybe a flex data plan, or better yet, maybe you can squeeze the $30/6GB data plan from them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contract States:

Voice/Data Plan Options: $50 - 500 Minutes/1 GB Data
$5 - Double Minutes plan
$5 - Double Data Plan

Thats an $72 (plus tax/fees/etc..)

My BILL is coming to about $128 a month; and the plan on my BILL says:

SP Unlimited Plan w/Double Min
Change plan
Plan Change Pending
$50.00/month
* 6pm Early Evenings
* 150+150 Weekday Minutes
* Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes
* 50 Bonus Weekday Minutes

Included with My Plan

* Data Service Plan 500MB - 24/06/2013

The extra costs are all "over plan minutes" since i only use my phone during business hours, and use had 876 minutes of time on it last month (500 minutes over my supposed allotment).

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
looks like you had the correct plan all along, and had a pending plan change? why not call csr or retentions and fix it up?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I know, what i said is the top most plan is the correct one i was referring to Voice/Data Plan Options: $50 - 500 Minutes/1 GB Data then someone did a plan change to the incorrect plan, all you gotta do is call in, perhaps retentions, and explain to them the mess up, they may be able to put you back on the plan Voice/Data Plan Options: $50 - 500 Minutes/1 GB Data

1 - 10 of 10 Posts