Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just made the switch from Shaw to Telus Optik for my phone, internet and TV service and have the installers coming on Nov 13 to install everything. One thing I've been searching for and can't seem to find (even on the Telus site) is a picture of the back of the PVR box so I can see what sort of wiring I'll need...i.e. HDMI, optical audio, composite video etc. Does anyone know where I could find such a diagram?

I also signed up for the free Xbox program and will be using the Xbox as a 2nd box. Anyone have a diagram of the TV kit that comes with the Xbox?

I apologize if someone's already posted this...I did a search and couldn't find anything. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is no 'kit' for the XBox. There will be a 'blade' installed (it's just a software install from a disc the installer brings) on your dashboard. The installer will install the software, and then register it with a single-registration license key. The TV streams through your Ethernet network connection on the XBox. You'll be given an XBox media remote, and so, to watch TV, you just go to the Optik blade application, run it, and that's it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
xbox

Im running two xbox360's at my stbs and one pvr and it works great. The new xbox 360 slim really sings and its super quiet. It comes with hdmi cable but you can purchase a component or even vga if need be

1 - 6 of 6 Posts