Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this topic has already been covered but I haven't been able to find anything. I have 4 bell boxes and smart cards in my house at the moment. I just fixed up a guest house in my backyard and want to take one of the boxes and put it in there. Rather than run 100m of coaxial cable underground and destroy my lawn, I heard that I could connect this box to another dish (which I have), granted that my smart card was still activated with my original connection. I put the dish up and ran the box over, and it just keeps doing the "Please Standby for the satellite signal. Thank your for your patience" cycle for ever. I heard that this is easy to do. What am i missing?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sounds to me like you have not aimed the 2nd Dish correctly.

What Signal Strength do you see when you press, MENU, 6, 1,1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
signal strength is at 0. i have a friend here with me. we set it up the same way we set up the other ones. all the co-ordinates seem to be the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Son-of-a....... We moved that thing half a millimetre and she's up and running. Thanks for the tip Pinza. Sometimes my own stupidity is my worst enemy.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Glad to assist, even it if was only a nudge in the right direction.....lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just don't ever tell Bell that you have this set up. There was another thread some time ago where another member got grief about "account splitting" from Bell about having a second dish on his workshop building, on the same property as his home.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
MamHeadroom, can you point out that thread? I find it hard to believe a Bell Employee did that on our forum and would like to investigate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts