Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup is as below

I have an old Samsung LCD TV with 2 HDMI in ports one usb port and has the audio video ports.

2 Pyle ceiling speakers in the ceiling

1 Pyle receiver without hdmi. The receiver is in a the àdmin room. Pyle Model PTAU45

The Tv runs video from an Android player. The Android player connects to the tv using HDMI and plays Tv channels on the TV

I have a one audio cable running from the admin room to the place where the tv is. This was installed through the ceiling at the time of construction to make any connections if required

The Pyle runs fine with output to the ceiling speakers if I connect run music from phone or usb or the Am/ FM receiver. But I need to connect it to the TV and have the sound output of video from Android player to the speakers via the Pyle receiver. I am completely naive to home theater setting. I need help.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The Android player may have an audio out connection. If so, then that could be connected to the Pyle receiver. It's also possible that the TV has audio output that could be used. If not, then a box will be required to extract the audio from the HDMI signal. The audio output from that box could be connected to the Pyle receiver.

·
Super Moderator
56,464 Posts
The Pyle only has analogue audio inputs. Not very many TVs have analogue audio outputs, so that won't work. If the TV has an optical output, that could probably be "converted" to analogue audio using an appropriate converter, however, some TVs don't even passthrough HDMI audio signals. You would need to go into the TV's user settings to use "external speakers" to activate the optical port, if there is one. See item 4 of the following FAQ:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17870-faq-whats-available-dd5-1-a.html

You may be better off as discussed by @ExDilbert in the post above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts