Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
moved from Review thread as the review thread is not for discussion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comwave Confusion

I received a phone call from a Comwave representative this morning. He asked me if I used long distance, which I do. He then said that comwave was going to give me a better rate (1.8 cents a minute within canada). As I had never heard of comwave, I asked how that would interact with my current provider, Shaw. He said that there was no contract and we would get billed in the mail.

I wasn't sure if he was wanting to cancel my shaw, or work with them in providing me service!!! I was very confused.

He wasn't even giving me a choice. He just said to give him my first name and address and they would set it all up. As I had no real idea of what he was talking about, I told him that I couldn't be sure if this was a scam or not. He assured me it wasn't. I told him that just because he says so doesn't make it true.

In the end I told him I was going to hang up and look into them online because I like doing my research before getting into something. He got quite irate, and almost yelled at me when he said "fine, have a nice day!!!"

After doing my research and finding this forum, I am very glad that I did not agree to anything. I just hope that in that conversation somewhere they didn't set me up for a contract (as I was very clear...but they appear to be ignorant)

Thank you all for the input above...I will be very wary in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comwave and I agree Conwave is more appropriate

I was contacted by Comwave they called to welcome me to Comwave. They said I had switched my long distance lines to them. I never agreed nor did anyone call to ask me if I wanted the service. I was shocked? What are you talking about I have always been with Rogers and I still am. They said you opened an account with us 3 days ago. I said I most certainly did not!!! They said we sent you an invoice and welcome letter to your email did you receive it? I checked my email and sure if enough it was there!! But I never agreed to this nor did I talk to anyone from Comwave I had never even heard of the before this!!!! They did agree to cancel it immediately and said the sales person shouldn't have opened an account without my consent. Then informed me I had to get my long distance lines back by calling my provider. Until then I wouldn’t be able to make long distance calls. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Is this legal can they get away with this stuff?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avoid COMWAVE at allllllllll cost

BELIEVE every negative post here in respect to Comwave. Its exactly what they say. I did not read these posts until now but since i have been trying for the past 7-9 months to CANCEL my Comwave to which no avail i decided to search up on Comwave and see what everyone had to say. WOW. The exact same issues as i have been having. They will set you up very quickly however when you want to cancel---forget it. It took us like i said over 7 months. We were promised that a manager would ccall us 4x to which we never had one call. FINALLLY this morning i spoke with a supervisor which resulted in nothing resolved. They actually finally did manage to cancel our service but since October they have been sending me invoices saying my credit card declined. YES thats right. I knew it was going to be an issue with them so i cancelled my credit card which they had and they have been trying to charge it ever since Oct. we have not had the service since November but they are still sending me emails. FRUSTRATING to deal with since there are no email addys to reach them by, you speak with ppl that cannot understand the english language all that well and they DO NOT HAVE MANAGERS or supervisors you can speak to. They tell you what they think you want to hear and do the opposite. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just received a telemarketing call from COMWAVE

I just received a telemarketing call from COMWAVE even though my number is registered with the CRTC NDCL. I told them never to call me again and filed a complaint with the CRTC. If everyone keeps filing complaints then the CRTC will act. File your complaints and never do business with COMWAVE - their are plently of reputable telecom services companies out there - don't support crooks like COMWAVE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comwave - Set right your accounting department

JackBar, I got a call from Comwave sales person in November 2011 offering me to try Comwave long distance free for some minutes and if I am satisfied I can contact comwave to sign-up for that plan. I accepted it. They gave me a local number to dial before calling my long distance. A while after I was using it, when I dialed the local number I got a recorded message saying that I have to call Comwave to sign-up as I have used up my free minutes. All is well so far and I was considering signing up for this service. But with in few days I received an invoice in email with an URL link (no attachments). I thought it was just a zero balance invoice with history of my calls for those free minutes offer and ignored it. Got a second e-mail with invoice link in another few days.

I called comwave around middle of December 2011 and asked why I received this invoice and explained the case. Service Rep put me on hold for about 10minutes to talk to his supervisor and advised me that it was a mistake and my invoice will be cancelled. Happy ending, you think?

Received a collection notice (for $5.04) in the mail on January 20, 2012. Today I called Comwave and I had to spend more than 20 minutes on hold with their rep going back and forth with her supervisor. They said the samething again as a mistake and that they will cancel my invoice. This time I referred to my call in December and I took their rep's name and ID number and asked to send me the zero balance invoice as well in mail.

Never in my life I received collection notice and I got pretty upset.

JackBar, can you make sure comwave contacts the customer via phone before they can initiate collection notice? Even after my call in December and their promose to cancel the invoice I received the collection notice. Does this give me any confidence on their customer Service to deal with Comwave again?

Please note, if I don't receive a zero balance invoice in 2 weeks in mail (not in e-mail) I will report the matter to CRTC and Comsumer Protection Cell, Ontario Ministry of Consumer Services for further action. I am not ready to spend another 10 to 20 minutes of my time dealing with Comwave's inefficiencies and inadequecies.

JackBar ([email protected]), hope you can set right my case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stay away from Comwave

My gf signed us up for voip line. Service worked fine no major problems. But, when I decided we didn't need the service anymore, Comwave refused to discontinue the service! Wtf.
My gf activated the voip service by calling the Chinese line and I called to cancel on the main phone line, the main line said I had to call the Chinese line. The Chinese line told me that if I didn't speak Chinese that I couldn't cancel the plan. What a company, I spoke to supervisors and others ....
So eventually I submitted a complaint with the BBB.
I also emailed, faxed a letter to comwave as a confirmation of our cancelling the plan and that I would not be paying any additional monies after that date. Didn't make any difference.
I wouldn't ever use their services again, even if it were free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
COMWAVE will try anything to tie you up in 3 year contract

Comwave refuses to cancel my account as they are saying I have a 3 year contract. I know I never asked for a 3 year contract. I have emailed their legal department - [email protected] to get a copy of recording that they supposedly have where I said I WANT a three year contract. They have not forwarded me a copy AS THEY DONT HAVE ANY PROOF. They keep on asking me for a payment. THEY HAVE NOT SENT INSTRUCTIONS to send their box back so that I can get my deposit back... PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comwave want to take your money

I have been using comwave longdistance for a year now and just relize that they charge you more and more iven if you don't use the service on top of that if you call em to talk about the invoice all they can tell you is SOOORY ....my point i don't recomende it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't use Comwave

for all ppl who want to use long distance call don't use comwave if you did already and you gave em you creddit card cal your bank ASAP to stop the autorisation...from experience don't use comwave

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reading this thread, my only thought was "Phew ... I actually considered signing up with company last year !!!" thank goodness for this forum, and the poor souls who have to suffer so the rest of us can avoid falling off the cliff !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Invoiced?

I recently received a "final notice" invoice in the mail from Comwave. Despite the fact I had never heard of them, let alone ordered anything from them. I ignored it but kept the letter (yes a real paper letter sent through Canada Post). I filed it under unbeleivable scams. I was impressed at it's level of sophistication. It had my name and address on it and looked quite beleivable although it didn't tell me what the charges were. The charges were labelled "Previous Balance from Last Invoice"
About one month later they started calling me. My wife answerred the phone. It was an automated call. I'll paraphrase it here, "Your account with Comwave is severely past due please press 2 to pay with your credit card". Ummmm, not likely.
I called the Customer Care Line on my invoice (1-877-474-6638 for those of you that need it). I was surprised when someone answerred. They said it was that some third parties had been registering people with different addresses and signing them up. She was appologetic and claimed to have removed me from their system and cancelled the invoice. We'll see. That was about an hour ago. I'm still going to report them to the police.

I'm still not sure if comwave is a real company. But if they are I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
33 Posts
She was appologetic and claimed to have removed me from their system and cancelled the invoice.
What about the people who didn't call back to verify the charges (think seniors, new immigrants ... etc) I wonder how much money they made from all these poor people who just paid up in order to keep their credit clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Contract with Comewaw

any body ready this.plz and plz dont even try comwave for even free. They are very tricky trust me. My friend is sueing the comewave now and i am stuck with them. they have horrible service. the line is dead and they have no techinical service .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Terrible Service

I signed upfor Comwave in June 2012, in which I was immediately lied to. I asked if i would have to wait to have the service connected as I wouldnt have the money in my bank account for a few days. I was told no, that they could put the withdrawal on hold until I called and gave them the "go ahead". The next day, my last $20 was sucked out of my account causing a $45 NSF fee with my bank, and alos caused a $27.50 NSF fee on my account with Comwave.

In order to finally have the service connected and the device sent to my home, I had to pay a $50 security deposit (which I get, I have bad credit) along with the $27.50 NSF fee AND the $12 shipping/handling fee.

I received the device and set it up on July the 7rd, at first the device worked wonderfully. 2 days later I went to make a phone call and immiedately heard "Device not registered" so after an hour of messing around with my computer, internet modem and the Voip device, my phone started working.. (I have had this same issue about 15 times since connecting a month and 4 days ago)

I was promised 3 months free of service, I received an invoice for $0.75 and charged a late charge and had my phone disconnected.. This month, my bill was sent out Aug 3rd, I paid it (again even tho I was promised FREE service) and because of the holiday, the payment was not received and my phone was disconnected. BEWARE!!!! This company expects payment within 2 days or you go without phone service.

My "30 day trial period" was to expire yesterday, August 6th, and I tried to call realizing the day because I had decided to change my service, and of course couldnt get an answer because it was a holiday. No they want to charge me a $50 fee to port my number because its past my trial period.. Are you kidding me?

The agents although they try to act as normal as possible, are obviously reading from a script, are hard to understand and have a very "holier than thou" aura about them. And even speaking to a supervisor you deal with the same thing. I am sending back my device, filing a report with the BBB and walking away, I will be AMAZED if I get my $100 worth of security deposits/device deposits backfrom them and at this point.. would gladly tell them to keep it, if theyd just make cancelling my account easier.. but alas.. no suck luck.

COMWAVE is a unreliable, unprofessional lying company. Not sure how they could possibly be okay working for such a deceiving company!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a contract term issue with Comwave and finally I talked to Mr. Abe Benitah. I am glad my issue was resolved fairly and quickly. Sometimes you just need to escalate to the right person to get things fixed. This is my experience.
I read the news that Comwave is the winner of Consumer Choice Award 2012. Sure there is room for improvement especially when it comes to customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scam Company

They are BS people all I have say do not trust them rip off, rip off and Liars, there is no consumer courts or telecom authority to deal with these people shame

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comwave is the worst

Comwave is the worst company we have ever dealt with. We were suppose to get 3 months free service, but once they had our credit card, they charged us right from the beginning. They charged us whatever and whenever they wanted. Trying to get refunds was a nightmare. The account was a mess!! We switched to Comwave to try and save some money and it ended up costing us much, much more than our original phone service. The service was terrible, they even diconnected us on 3 occasions. Their customer service is very unhelpful. Beware of the fine print. Lots of hidden charges.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts