Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Letting them merge won't effect the market in the least, they can't raise their prices much simply because their competition is so strong. Consumers have nothing to worry about.
Time will tell about cost increases because, as Hugh says, its about return to shareholders and not the consumer. I can't say I agree with you on competition because your not comparing apples to apples. Internet radio can't compete with satellite radio in the car and the coverage area made available by sat radio services. Terrestrial radio is free but limited to local/regional coverage within a specific broadcast range.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Really? Is you basis on "not apples to apples" based on coverage? (clearly you can't mean use in the car since my cell phone easily fits in my car, and hooks up to my car stereo the exact same way the sat radio did, same with an iPod).
You obviously live in the city and don't drive much on long distance trips in non-urban areas where there is no cell/data or FM coverage. An iPod is not a receiver.

Anyway, I am not going to debate this with you, justing stating my experiences based on your arguments & my satellite radio raison d'etre in my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.