Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
I installed comodo firewall on a dell laptop, work well for a month then when I was using Sharepod on my ipod, i clicked a wrong button on the firewall notification box that popped up. Then I was was unable to click on any icon on my desktop (some error message would pop up). So I had to boot up in safe mode and remove it. After which I loss the function of my Wireless card, and all the icons in my network connections window was gone (ie Local Area Connection, WLAN, DELL 1390 Wireless), I called Dell tech surport and couldn't figure out the problem.

Comodo firewall is extremely hard to remove from your computer, several of the registry keys remain altered even after it is uninstalled, which can cause various problems including loss of wireless card fuction. In the end I had to reinstall windows.

Here is a link started in comodo forums on this issue. Full Removal of Comodo Firewall Pro 3 with SafeSurf Toolbar (If Regular Uninstall Method Fails)

If you install I suggest making a quick restore point before installation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.