Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a favourite Community Radio Station?
I have 2 favourites here in NS. One is on the South Shore of Nova Scotia in the community of Hubbards, COVE FM.
You can see from the schedule pages ,that they play a very eclectic variety of music.
My second favourite is the station that covers the Halifax market from the Dartmouth suburb of Eastern Passage at 105.9 MHz, Seaside FM. You can listen at :
Seaside FM - Your Easy Listening Station
I'd be interested to see your favourites, if you have any.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if it's considered a "community station" but my favourite station for the past couple of years has been the Conestoga College radio station in Kitchener, ON. (CJIQ 88.3) They are the only rock station in the Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area.

I used to listen to a large rock station from London, ON but I've found that their content has shifted to include more "Classic Rock" songs, whereas the college station seems to play more recent songs and newer Canadian bands. Also, it's nice to hear the broadcast students on air, which I assume is part of their course work (or was before COVID)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, VA3TJS, I'd also include college/university stations in the discussion.. Thanks for adding to this Thread.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Well then lets include JAZZ.FM 91.1 in Toronto, a not for profit radio station. Its also known as CJRT which was the station of Ryerson and has been around for 70 years. I listen to this station a lot, especially over the past few months. The announcers are all musicians first and really know their stuff. The music is great, really interesting to listen to!!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, otown47, any not for profit radio station should qualify in this thread. Does JAZZ FM 99.1 have an internet presence?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ otown47

You can listen here, too:

JAZZ.FM91 | Canada’s jazz station

@ VA3TJS station can be listened to here:

I already have a link to my 2 community favourites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts