Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other installers actually know what the heck these things are? I received the tech tip today but to be honest I have no understanding of these....anybody know more about them or use them?
are these implemented in large commercial buildings?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still not grasping the concept. hopefully as an installer in a rural area it won't matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Commercial Installs

Hi

I am a commercial installer for Shaw. We install head end systems all the time. In a utility room a rack is placed with as many receivers as channels you want to have. (eg: 24, 48, 72). For each channel there is a receiver (used to use 318's but now do 209's.) and a modulator set to a specific channel. Then all these modulators are then feed into a combiner and sent out to the complex. It all depends how many channels the owners want to supply to each room. They can then pick what channels the want to put on each receiver. You have to be a commercial installer with Shaw to get into this, but the profit margins are worth it. Once you have done a few, they are pretty simple.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,
so after installing all the receivers, head ends and modulators in one area would you then simply run coax to each room,apartment ect... and the system would basically act as a cable install? no receivers needed in the apartments? just an rg6 to the t.v?
as a unit based installer Installer for shaw I probally have no need to worry, curiose now tho.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I apreciate the info!
sounds like cool technoligy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts