Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a multiswitch 2 x 4, with a dual LNB from Sat 91 feeding both inputs. For outputs I have two feeds to a 5200 PVR, one feed to a 3100, and one feed to a 4100.

From the dish, I actually have 2 dual LNBs with 3 coax cables running into the house -- two from Sat 91 and one from the Sat 82 which was used for DirecPC a few years ago and now just hangs dormant in my cabling closet.

I was wondering if I purchased a Multiswitch SW 4x4 which allows me to combine the signals from 82 & 91, would having only one feed from the 82 satellite be sufficent? I would like to have access to some of the non-HD programming on the second satellite feed (Silver Screen specifically).

Sometime in the next 12 months I plan to upgrade to an HD PVR and will have Bell in to pull another input coax, but for now, if I can just purchase an inexpensive SW44 and use it to access channels on the other satellite, I would be happy with that.

Trish :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The SW44 requires 4 lines, 2 from each LNBF.

If you are only wanting the 82 signals right now on the 3100 or the 4100, I would suggest an SW21. This can be located AFTER the existing switch with a short piece of RG6 from the switch output to 1 input port on the SW21 and the 82 feed to the other input port, the resulting output can then feed your 3100 or 4100.

To feed the 5200 you would need the SW44, or at the very least, another line from 82 and a second SW21.

Actually thinking about it, if you subscribe to a Channel from 82, Bell will come and install the SW44 and run the 4th line for free. You must keep the Channel for 6 months to qualify. Cheapest way, used to be to get Salt & Pepper, I think it was, @ $2.50 per month, for 6 months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts