Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
The only way to do hide channels you don't get is to enter the channels you do get as favourites. To do this click on favourites in the menu and follow the prompts. I realize this will take some time to do. I never did it when we had Cogeco, so I don't know how long it would take.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As a guess I'd say you'll see a new guide with a new PVR. They probably feel it isn't worth the time, money, effort to make one work with the existing units.
When Cogeco migrated from the old full-screen tan guide to the current blue one, they provided the update to all receivers including the old first-gen DCT2000s that still said General Instruments on them. The only difference is that those older boxes didn't have picture in picture. Knowing this, I would suspect that if Cogeco does release a new guide it's likely that they'll roll it out to more than just a new PVR, as it would makes training support staff that much easier.

They did team up with some company last year to deploy a new guide. When they do is anyone's guess. The guide Shaw Cable uses on the exact same hardware is light years ahead of the dated SD stuff that Cogeco is using.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The Shaw guide looks the same as it always has, except for the newer units like the DCX3510 or Gateway series. The DCX3510 on Shaw have horrible software though so the new guide is nice buy the overall experience is worse.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts