Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is essentially for Cogeco Super Sports Pack Subscribers. I have observed that the picture quality for SD channels in this package is quite poor. In fact, it often reminds me of watching poor video quality on an internet feed. Now, I tend to see poorer quality as the size of the TV increases. However, I would argue that there is definitely problems with the quality that is delivered to subscribers. There is obvious distortions around players when there is action. When watching hockey, I even notice that the puck fades in and out as the pictures refreshes. Additionally, when there is no broadcast on a particular channel but just the schedule, there is a lack of crispness around the fixed graphics on the screen. I have had my home connection tested (several times) and technicians advise me that my signal strength is good. I would like to know whether other SSP subscribers have experienced and / or continue to experience the same problem and what steps have been taken to resolve. I would like to see SSP subscribers come together and make a concerted effort to advise Cogeco of this problem so that it can be rectified.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Especially about the blur around players. Makes SD games unwatchable even if my teams are playing. Pretty annoying.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Your post almost seems ironic. The SD picture quality is awful.

My SSP will likely be cancelled today as it seems Cogeco (and perhaps Rogers at the heart of this) will not be airing any of the NIT games from ESPN. I'm done for the spring/summer (and hopefully forever) with this annoyance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cancelled mine a month ago after the mandatory 6 month contract was over.. (got me through the NFL season) I don't miss it one bit. Quite nice seeing bills $30 less a month. :)

·
Banned
364 Posts
Dropped the SSP & TMN packages a couple days ago. CSR didn't even ask why I was dumping $50+/month from my account.

I've decided this will be that last time I have the SSP. Despite adding 19 HD channels last year, there were actually less HD broadcasts (except maybe for hockey) than in previous years. I will NEVER pay for this package again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with the President's Office of Cogeco today. I was advised that any poor picture quality that I am experiencing in the SSP is an issue at the source; not a problem with Cogeco. I find this hard to believe. I begin to question whether anyone in the executive level at Cogeco cable even uses the products they sell and whether anyone of them has ever watch a game (any sport) on the SSP in standard definition. I am beginning to question the value for the money I spend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cancelled my SSP after the 6 month commitment ended last year. All I wanted was the NHL Center Ice but they don't see it separately. I did not renew this year. I found the picture quality sketchy, but just as annoying, the schedule never seemed to line up with what was being offered.

One of the main reasons I got it was so that my wife could watch her beloved Red Wings. Half the Dteroit games advertised on the schedule weren't aired. $14.95 maybe. $29.95 - not a chance, it's junk.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts