Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
It's not every day they get the channels wrong, but it's often enough.

Try recording games and see how frustrated you get.

If you're only channel surfing, it's a minor inconvenience.

As for your other comment, you're absolutely correct but it's never going to happen. I, for one, am happy that Cogeco now has dedicated channels for the HD games.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your comment about recording games sparked
my memory. I recorded a game I was attending and they reversed the channels for two games which made me miss the recording I wanted.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Right on cue, Cogeco messed up the beginning of the college football season. No Towson - Indiana game. MTSU - Minnesota game shown twice, both on the wrong channel.

Also, none of the HD MLB games were listed in the guide.

Someone also needs to tell Cogeco that ESPNU is now available in HD. Make it happen, folks. (EDIT: Actually, I guess we need to tell Rogers since Cogeco gets spoon fed these games)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well thanks for all the input guys... I went ahead and ordered it, got my Motorola DCT6416 yesterday. (They were out of the new Pace receiver, i may swap it later)
Got the SSP as well, watched a few high def games last night. I'll keep my fingers crossed about this one.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Yeah, they've only been showing the ESPN games, despite ESPN2 and ESPNU both being broadcast in HD. We may get some BTN HD out-of-market games (those that aren't on the main HD channel that Rogers shows), and it would be nice to get some VS games as well as SEC Network and ACC games (plus FSN).

All a pipe dream though, I'm afraid. This may be more due to Rogers than Cogeco.

However, lack of games in the guide is definitely a Cogeco thing. Not a good start to the season. There was a major screwup in the Navy-Maryland game yesterday too, causing us to miss most of the first quarter.

That East Carolina - Tulsa game would have been legenday in HD. Just because it's not Boise State - Virginia Tech doesn't mean it can't be a great game. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
all channels in HD?

Damn, and I see Rogers is advertising thier SSP has "All NFL channels in HD"..... how long till Cogeco offers that!? Would be very nice.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Only 2 / 4 channels for NFL

Anyone with the SSP go and see tommorow's NFL schedule for the HD channels?? It looks like Cogeco has 2 games scheduled at 1pm on channels 476 / 477, and 2 more at 4pm on the same channels. Why even have 4 NFL Sunday ticket channels if you aren't going to use all of them??? Between all the CBS east/west, Fox east/west, CTV and TSN2 I'll have 4 other games.

They do have all 9 1pm games scheduled in SD in the sports pack channels, but c'mon... step it up Cogeco, HD or bust in my opinion.

If they don't use them, i'm going to give them a call... and of course the customer service rep will know absolutely nothing about why they are scheduled like that, but I'll just be in the mood to yell at someone about not getting my money's worth.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I sent them a message complaining also. Both 1:00 HD games on the SSP went late too (Denver - Jax had a half hour weather delay and ATL - Pitt went to OT).

Obviously there were only 3 games at 4:00, but there was no excuse for there not to be 4 games on the HD channels at 1:00. Also, strangely the FOX pre-game show was on both HD channels when one of the games was a CBS game. They switched before the game started, but I was certainly worried for a while.

Same goes for the NCAA football games. Cogeco missed half of the San Jose State - Wisconsin game. They obviously do have ESPN2 feeds as well because they showed the Oregon - Tennessee game as The Score had the Penn State - Alabama game.

I want to see all ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU games in HD. Also, if you can show VS games for hockey, you can surely show the NCAA football games.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Good to know I'm not the only one noticing.... when you send them a message to complain, is it by email? shoot me the address, i'll gladly voice my displeasure too...

·
Banned
364 Posts
It's just an option to post a comment on the Cogeco website (Contact Us). They haven't even replied this time, and usually when they do it's just standard boilerplate. Once in a while I call to complain too, but frankly it's getting tiresome.

I really wish I could get in touch with the person responsible for the SSP. It can't possibly be as hard to get things right as it appears. If it is, then explain it to me and I might be more understanding. As it is, I just want to slap someone upside the head and say "don't be stupid", Paul Teutul Sr.-style.

For example, why do they have problems with the NFL games almost every week? Usually when the signals first appear at noon, at least one or two games (pre-game shows) is on the wrong channel, missing sound or having sound issues, picture problems, etc. They've done this every week for four months, over the past several years. Why have they not ironed out the issues by now? The incompetence is staggering.

·
Banned
364 Posts
I'm going to start a new thread, specifically to list the issues people experience with the Super Sports Pack. I don't want any discussion in that thread, just a list of the errors and omissions by Cogeco. Perhaps Rogers is to blame for some of them, but my money goes to Cogeco.

Service what you sell.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts