Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cogeco Self Care..... Anyone else not able to get onto the self-care option on the cogeco website? It has always timed out for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David,

I know about the MyAccount link. I am just wondering if there was a way for me to go online and adjust or take a look at the package I am currently subscribed to with Cogeco TV?
Thanks

·
Banned
364 Posts
I don't think you were ever able to do that.

Call 'em up, they're pretty easy to deal with and friendly, although when I added the SSP last week, the guy asked me about a dozen security questions, including SIN and DL #. I don't recall ever giving those to Cogeco, and the SIN they had was wrong.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cogeco never directly asks for the SIN, they write it down if that's what the customer gives when asked to provide an identity proof/code/referral number. More likely someone was asked to give an identity check number and gave his SIN as noone really uses that quite often... It's more common to see birth date, license number, etc

·
Banned
364 Posts
I don't see how I would have ever given my SIN to Cogeco (I can't say 100% that I did not, but I can't see any reason that I would have done so in the past). As I said, the number they had was wrong so I wonder if it was some other 9 digit number or a rep just filled in dummy data because they didn't think it was right to ask me.

I'm also not sure how they got my DL#. I don't see why I would have given them that also. It used to be I'd tell them my name & phone number and make my changes. The guy asked me what my monthly bill amount is (I didn't have my Acct # handy) so I guess and was off by a few bucks. Then he asked what my last payment was for. I said, "wouldn't that be the same as my monthly bill?". I think he was new.

I wish someone else HAD called and added the SSP for me. It would have saved me a painful phone call.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As I said, the number they had was wrong so I wonder if it was some other 9 digit number or a rep just filled in dummy data because they didn't think it was right to ask me.
That might be it too...

About the other questions : upon becoming a customer I guess it is standard procedure to ask for a minimum of 1 identifier (be it the SIN, birth date, #DL or else...) sometimes we just don't remember what we told tham at the time (like the last time I called Hydro... I couldn't remember giving them my #dl as it's not pertinent but they had it so I guess I might have given it to them at some point, they cannot just invent that number hehe)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts