Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
Then it was a problem with our phone and internet connection being dropped without reason. We know it is not a cable problem as our cable TV still works.
I had that exact situation with Rogers last year and it was a cable problem. It took a lot of effort and testing on my part to demonstrate that to them. It turned out to be a problem with the the cable coming into my condo property from the street.

One of the things I did was I often listened to a radio station over the internet. When it stopped, I also checked my phone for dial tone. I also wrote a script that would ping the Rogers router once a minute and record failures. In addition, since I have two feeds from the utility room, I was able to put the phone on one and internet on the other and when both still failed at the same time, that was proof to Rogers that the problem was not with anything within my unit. It took them a bit longer to locate the problem. You might want to ask your neighbours if they are having similar problems. If so, you can ask the Cogeco tech to check the logs on your neighbours equipment to help isolate the problem. TV was not affected by this. This is because TV uses different frequencies than phone or internet and are better able to get past small breaks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts