I have been having the same issue for the last month or two. I thought it was the HDMI port on my TV, but two friends at work have been having the same problem. It hasn't been too annoying (unless it becomes worse).Occasionally (maybe once or twice a night) my display will go black and lose audio for 2 seconds. If I rewind a live broadcast right after the dropout it will playback without a glitch, so the dropout was not part of the original signal feed. I've also noticed it happen while watching a recording and again, rewinding it 30 seconds and watching it again the dropout does not occur.
It seems to be a very sporadic HDMI handshake issue between my Sony Bravia Z5100 and the DVR itself. I've swapped HDMI cables and inputs on the TV and have also have a bluray and media PC connected via HDMI which I can watch for hours without the same symptom so I believe the TV isn't at fault.
Anyone else noticing this behaviour with their box with the most recent firmware?
I am having the exact same issue. I am almost relieved to see that it is a software issue and not the first signs that my box is preparing to leave me.I have had another issue, however, just in the last week (since my box has been updating): The TV series' that I have scheduled have been corrupted. First, there was an update the other day, after which the 15 or so TV series I have scheduled (all but one, I believe) were listed improperly, with something along the lines of "$#BAD STRING" written in the details, and the titles cropped to things like "ene Investigation", and the channels set to weird numbers like 7887. Some of the series now had no title at all, or the title was just a number. After deleting and re-sceduling the series, there was another update yesterday (which now allows recorded shows to be grouped in folders), and the TV series I had scheduled were corrupted AGAIN! Very annoying.
Have any of these issues been fixed with an update? The image/signal dropouts have become more annoying since I upgraded to a new LED/LCD set which automatically blanks the screen when the signal drops, so now what was a blank screen for less than a second has become a blank screen of more than two seconds.I've noticed the same thing which I attributed to the bugs from the latest software update:
* Intermittent blank-screen dropouts when using HDMI
* Longer HDMI handshake on TV power-up
* Occasional blank channel after HDMI handshake (guide works, but no channel audio/video until channel changed, then changed back). Mainly occurs when cable box is recording on that channel during HDMI handshake.
* Occasional channel info pops up on the hour, sometimes not even for the current channel (possibly info from other tuner?)
* Favorites list resets at the top of the channel list when exiting info screens.
* If you are tuned to an SD channel that has an HD version available, a popup will appear for several seconds when a new HD program starts, even if you are actually watching an unrelated recording.
* When starting to play a recording, or after stopping playback, the audio may be muted. (Pause, then Play, will usually restore audio.)
* Sometimes after a tuner swap, or stopping a recording playback, the audio and video will continuously cycle on and off.
* VCR-style manual recordings (channel, start-time, end-time) that are set to repeat weekly will not record past midnight.
* Guide only holds 9-10 days of data, versus 14-15 with previous versions.
It's really the first and third bugs that I experience regularly (and the seventh, but I had that issue before the last major update), but it's the first one on the list that has become really annoying.I have not experienced all of these issues, but of the ones that I have, they have not gone away.