Cogeco, the country's fourth largest cable television provider, has announced the addition of five new digital channels to its Ontario line-up.
New standard definition channels include: AMC, the NFL Network, Big Ten Network, CosmoTV and Al Jazeera English.
The following is a brief overview of each new station in the Cogeco Digital Cable line-up.
- AMC (channel 189) is a U.S. based cable television which airs classic movies and original productions, such as the widely-acclaimed “Mad Men”.
- CosmoTV (channel 124) airs a mix of entertainment, lifestyle and reality programming aimed primarily at women.
- The NFL Network (channel 422) is a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week television network dedicated solely to the National Football League.
- Big Ten Network (channel 424) is dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the North America, with approximately 400 live sports events annually.
- Al Jazeera English (channel 182) is a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week English-language international news service.