Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a message to start a thread about Outages for Cobourg / Port Hope Areas.

Today, without any form of notice there was an interruption of service that affected not only my local node, but also the WHOLE of COBOURG and PORT HOPE.

Has anyone else been disrupted by this terrible customer service, since it was obvious from the tone of the CS rep I contacted that this was a KNOWN poroblem.

Cogeco's own webside does not even acknowlede the interruption! :frown

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
A known problem does not mean it was a planned outage.

The only poor customer service in that regard may be not having a message on the IVR, but that's for management to deal with; not the average Customer Service Representative.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While a Planned outage and an interruption that happens randomly, are two different things, it is incumbent of the service provider to declare a known interruption.

IF it is PLANNED, then there SHOULD be an update on the WEB PAGE.

Why does a customer have to PHONE in to an IVR system to be told that something is happening in the network region wide.

In this case, the region is two towns, but still the population is over 36,000 people.

Assuming not every household has cable, that still translates to a service drop to a few thousand.
(IVR systems cannot handle the load when a mass dialing happens. This just clogs the phone network. (needlessly I might ad, since it was a known problem.)

Why else but on a SUNDAY after midnight , would cogeco perform the work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts