Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that too that it was gone. First the channels would only show a black screen for me, but now the BBC channel is showing that I don't subscribe despite my having it in my package in SD. I'll check back later and see if it works...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Fight Network

Anyone know why the FN HD channel states "this channel no longer broadcasting" (on my TiVo anyway) and broadcasts only the SD version. I talked to cogeco and they said that the channel is upgrading their HD and that is how the chose to do it. That may be true but I've gotten wrong info from techs before. If they are no longer going to broadcast in HD I will just replace the channel.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I don't sub to the channel but if it's just the guide saying that, give it a few hours or maybe even 24. It could simply be a guide issue or the guide data provider goofed up, especially if you can tune in and still see programming.

My TiVo guide shows "This channel is no longer broadcasting" for 749 but when I go to Zap2It online, it shows programming on 749.

When did it start saying that.

I've never heard of a channel dropping an HD feed and staying in SD only, myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cogeco Cable should add Buffalo's CW Television Station WNLO-TV

Cogeco should apply to the CRTC for authority to add the programming service of WNLO-TV (IND/CW) Buffalo, New York as part of the basic service on the digital cable channel line up in the Golden Horseshoe from Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, Acton, Georgetown, Halton, Halton Hills, Malton, Milton & Campbellford, Fergus, Elora to Niagara Falls, Ontario). WNLO-TV is a local Buffalo Superstation that went on the air 33 Years ago as WNEQ-TV on May 13, 1987.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Cogeco could add that channel if they wanted to. I'm guessing the reason they don't is because there is little or no demand for it. Aside from a few CW shows, most of the programming is already available on other channels. I have both WNLO and WNYO on Rogers, and I haven't watched either in years and I believe neither of these are available in basic. You have to get the time-shifting package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cogeco should add AOV XXX Action Clips Channel (Adult), AOV Maleflixx Television (Adult), Canal plus +, Disney La Chaîne (both in SD & HD), MAVTV Canada, MLB Network, (both SD and HD) Prise 2 (both in SD & HD), Vivid TV Canada (Adult) [English in SD & HD], Vivid TV Canada (French) (Adult) [in SD & HD], TV Japan, Playmen TV (Adult), Penthouse TV (Adult), Red Hot TV (Adult) Ride TV, Afroglobal Television (AFRO TV), Télémagino, AMI TV HD and AMI-télé HD to the digital cable channel line up in Ontario.

Cogeco should add the timeshifting channels of Telelatino Network (West), Family Channel (West), W Network (West), HBO Canada (West) and APTN - West (CHTY - APTN - Yellowknife) to the digital cable channel line up in Ontario.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Honestly I don't even know why Adult channels even exist anymore. Who actually pays for these channels? Same with adult pay-per-view. The Internet has taken care of adult entertainment needs.

Also TV64Niagara just an FYI, CHTY is APTN North not West. Keep that in mind when you post this same type of message in the Shaw forum. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh I meant to say Cogeco should add the timeshifting feed of APTN West to the digital basic caable Channel line up in Ontario. Rogers Cable in Toronto carries the Oshawa signal of CHEX-TV-2 (Global) Oshawa to the timeshifting channel lineup on digital basic cable, Cogeco should add CHEX-TV-2 Channel 22 Oshawa, Ontario to the basic service tier and part of the timeshifting channel package on digital cable in Hamilton, Burlington - Oakville, Acton, Georgetown, Halton, Halton Hills, Malton, Milton - Campbellville, Cobourg & Port Hope, St. Catharines - Thorold, Niagara Falls, Welland - Port Colborne and Fort Erie, Ontario, Fergus and Elora, Ontario.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Rogers Cable in Toronto carries the Oshawa signal of CHEX-TV-2 (Global) Oshawa to the timeshifting channel lineup on digital basic cable
The carriage of CHEX-2 in Toronto stems from the early 1970s when they carried CHEX from Peterborough. At the time CHEX Peterborough was a CBC affiliate and only carried the minimum 40 hours of CBC programming per week. There was a significant programming difference between CBC Toronto and CHEX Peterborough at the time.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's also listed in Windsor as of yesterday and MSNBCHD is listed again on 820. Neither channel works, just a black screen for both. If I check the tuner diagnostics in the TiVo DVR, it shows dashes like the channel doesn't map to anything yet.

I won't get too excited about these channels yet until there is video and audio, Cogeco has "added" channels then taken them off right away. It's not many times but it has happened even after the channels get announced as added via social media..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
MSNBC is now live on 820 as of earlier today. CP24 is still missing.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
CP24 is now removed from Windsor, it was never tunable and was probably added here by mistake.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts