Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Here's hoping that we actually get to see CNN, HLN, AMC in HD in 2015.

I'd still like to see Canadian timeshifting in HD. Cogeco must be the only cableco NOT offering it in HD. Like we need Comedy East AND West in HD.:rolleyes:

Also TCM and Peachtree would be nice both in HD.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I recently sent a complaint to Cogeco saying that I was very interested in their TIVO service but didn't want to give up channels like AMC and CNN HD which I've had for a long time with Bell. They replied with some instructions on how to subscribe to TIVO, but completely ignored my question about their refusal to carry certain stations. Doesn't look very hopeful.

-Mike

·
Registered
698 Posts
Time to Move On and Up

I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business. It used to be good or acceptable but now it seems they have personal vendettas against anything to do with Ted Turner even though he is no longer connected with most or all former enterprises.

You will never see FX2 on Cogeco, nor will you see TCM, and others mentioned in earlier posts. Dealing with most customer helpers over the internet is a pleasant experience but some of the store front reps need a refresher course in attitude towards the customers. Lines can get long and tedious sometimes.
sailmaker

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
While I don't sub to them, they are both showing in the guide with no changes to labels or guide data.

Their website no longer shows WGN within the movie package.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business.
Personally, I'd love to see Eastlink buy these systems. Being with Cogeco reminds of the old Persona days before EL took over.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Everyone needs to get on them to show that other providers are still showing WGN-DT. They seem to love taking channels away with no replacements and will use any excuse they can find.:mad:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
WGN America yes, WGN-DT no. There is no reason they couldn't have just changed the SD version to the Chicago TV station version to match the HD one.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm going off about a channel I don't even sub to I know.:p I'm not happy about what they seem to be trying to accomplsih here. How many more channels will subs lose in 2015?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
^^^ That will depend on when contractual agreements end and if parties can renegotiate carriage, channels going off the air, CRTC approvals etc.

The TV broadcasting landscape is a LOT more fluid than it used to be.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You do bring up a point, it's possible that the WGN contract is over anyways and can't get renewed. Maybe Cogeco is the first one that has to drop it. Maybe everyone else will see it gone over the next year or so.

I can admit when I could be wrong or misunderstanding things.;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I hate Rogers with a passion that knows no bounds but it is time for Rogers to buy out this neanderthal family run business. It used to be good or acceptable but now it seems they have personal vendettas against anything to do with Ted Turner even though he is no longer connected with most or all former enterprises.

You will never see FX2 on Cogeco, nor will you see TCM, and others mentioned in earlier posts. Dealing with most customer helpers over the internet is a pleasant experience but some of the store front reps need a refresher course in attitude towards the customers. Lines can get long and tedious sometimes.
sailmaker
Regarding TCM, when you say never - do you mean "NEVER" as in they'll never even sit down and talk together never? I've certainly heard - for years - about the famous Audet/Turner feud, but I expected to see some movement on it over the years, if nothing else but for the business aspect of it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not a Cogeco subscriber, but it is WGN America, the superstation feed, that is going away in Canada, as it converted to a cable channel in the US on January 1, 2015. As far as I know, Cogeco was one of the very few providers that still even offered it. All of the other providers make use of the local Chicago WGN TV 9 (CW affiliate) feed, that has been provided by Shaw Broadcast Services since 2007.

If Cogeco is dropping the local Chicago feed too, then it must be due to circumstances specific to them only, as no other providers have been affected.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Noticed today that both WGN feeds are completely gone from the guide in Windsor. Any bets on the next channel to be pulled?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 197 Posts