Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony PVR which I bought about 10 years ago>>>$1000.00...and it works very well.

However, it needs the TV GUIDE LISTINGS that COGECO CABLE in BURLINGTON usually sends. It is now useless. WHERE ARE THE TV GUIDE LISTINGS COGECO???????????????????????

·
Registered
192 Posts
So, your saying you have a 10 year old PVR that works flawlessly..Don't believe that one bit.

Also, by the sounds of things, it was not sold to you by cogeco. So you have been receiving the information the tv networks send out and not actual guide info. If this is all true, why are you complaining? The cable company does not have to service outside equipment, they have proprietary equipment they take very good care of.

Go upgrade and get a proper STB. Then cogeco can send you your TV Listings.

Remember, this is all on assumption. Your lucky I even answered as your question was so unclear, you don't list your equipment or where you got it from and it sounds like your post is addressed to Cogeco; they don't post replies here, that's what customer service is for..... Also, lay off the caps, makes you look like a retard. I can read fine, I don't need it in larger letters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a Sony PVR which I bought about 10 years ago>>>$1000.00...and it works very well.

However, it needs the TV GUIDE LISTINGS that COGECO CABLE in BURLINGTON usually sends. It is now useless. WHERE ARE THE TV GUIDE LISTINGS COGECO???????????????????????
To respond your question without the negativity and calling you names...

You would probably need to contact Cogeco for the answer to your question.
It's nice to see some products still work very well after 10 years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You dont explain your setup or any attempt at fixing this issue yourself. Can you please do so for assistance, POSSIBLY also LEARNING how to use CAPITAL LETTERS will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have heard about a few calls like this, the guide I think your talking about is the same guide that RCA TV’s and some Zenith models had built into them. We have nothing to do with this guide don’t support it or it’s content. Now I could be wrong here but if memory serves me correctly (maybe someone with more recent knowledge can update) these guides receive their updates piggy backing on the signal of the local PBS station. With the conversion to digital set for Feb 17 in the states it’s possible that there could be a problem at that end. But like I said this is not our guide, have no control over it’s broadcast or it’s content and in no way support it.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
I am closing this thread for several reasons.

First the username is against the rules of our forum, the user, for some unknown reason, also posted this thread in the Shaw forum (cross posting is against the rules of the forum), the user was obviously making some of this up since Sony has not been making PVR's for ten years.

We invite OBJECTIVE feedback from all members and we want to help users with legitimate problems however, we do not want people with an axe to grind to come on our forums, break our rules and slag companies or individuals without the facts.

If anyone has comments on this action and believes this thread warrants re-opening, they are welcome to send me a private message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.