Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can't remember the gentleman's tag name but about a year ago or so there was a Cogeco tech that was on this forum and had a great deal of knowledge about where Cogeco was going to build their network next. If he is still here, I hope he can answer my question!

I live behind Texas Road in Amherstburg (newer subdivision) and am upset that Cogeco hasn't dropped their lines in. A buddy of mine living on Walker road in McGregor has told me that Cogeco is currently putting cable down there in McGregor. Does anyone have any idea if Cogeco has plans to drop cable where I am, in the Kingsbridge subdivision?

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mcgregor I believe is just getting upgraded, they have had cable for a very long time now but on a regional system (couple dishes and antenna).

Kingsbridge has nothing, no cable in the ground or anything....I do not know of any new builds going on as cogeco is rebuilding what we already have in place. The closest point for you is either in town or the small section just north of point west in those newer homes section, my uncle lives on the south side of pointe west and cannot get it. I am not saying it will never happen but I haven't heard of anything, the best you can do is keep calling and requesting and get neighbors to do the same.

·
Registered
19 Posts
McGregor?

I will be moving to McGregor in a couple of months and inquired with Cogeco (about a month ago) regarding digital cable/internet. CSR indicated that analog is all McGregor has and there are no plans to upgrade. This thread is an interesting development as I would prefer to stay with Cogeco. chainzz do you know if they are doing Middle Side Rd, just west of Walker?

Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am sorry I do not know the complete details, i would just safely assume where ever the analog only right now is available is what would be rebuilt. I do not know when this is being done, or if in progress, I just know its on the books as we now have put fiber in for the school, fiber out there means it can be used to bring the upgraded services.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chainzzz, you were the "gentleman" I was talking about! I am going to have a field review done in a few days but I doubt I will be able to get cable as you said it's coming from town or North of Point West. I can't believe Cogeco didn't lay the cables for Kingsbridge, it's a newer subdivision and a large one at that!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do not work for Cogeco anymore just FYI. However the other side of pointe west will eventually get something....I cannot go into details however id want to be there if i had the money

1 - 6 of 6 Posts