Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2011.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Cogeco in 2011 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Cogeco has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

This thread replaces 2010:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=118333

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have strong reason to believe that Treasure, OASIS, Rad, and EQHD will be coming to Cogeco in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed and watch for an announcement.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Treasure, OASIS, Rad....

How much more $ will we have to pay for these channels? It would be nice when you pay the HD access fee, they wouldnt continue to nickle and dime the customer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good question. I am waiting to see how these will be priced or if they will be bundled with any pre-existing package. I was warned to watch for something in the next couple of weeks. I will be out of country by then, but my wife has been told to keep an eye out and to let me know what transpires. Until then, I am watching and waiting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just called cogeco support, and they have advised me that it is not available nor have they reached an agreement. either i got a rep who hasn't been updated yet, or well, my prayers haven't been answered.

·
Registered
84 Posts
CORRECTION/ADDITION TO MY LAST POST:

so i just called again, and spoke with a sales rep, and they said SportsnetOne will be online in a week and a half. YES!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well I just sent emails to both Sportsnet and Cogeco regarding Sportsnet One, and here are the responses I received...

From Sportsnet

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your recent email. Unfortunately, we have no news to provide
for you. Our suggestion is that you contact Cogeco for more
information. The channel has been made available to them since August.
It is up to them to make it available to their customers.

Sincerely
Jim LaChapelle
Audience Relations
From Cogeco

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cogeco Cable.

Following notification from Rogers of the programming content and proposed rates for Sportsnet One, Cogeco is diligently exploring the possibility of adding Sportsnet One to our Ontario line-up. However, we have not yet reached an agreement with Rogers. Prior to launching this new channel, we must settle a number of network and contractual matters with Rogers, and assess the financial impact this additional service would have on our customers. The actual programming content on Sportsnet One and on all other Rogers specialty television services is decided solely by Rogers.

Should you require any additional information, please contact us at 1-800-267-9000. We are here 7 days a week between the hours of 7am and 9pm for your convenience.

Regards
Customer Care

taw

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
proudcanadian

Do you now where Cogeco would put Sportsnet One and its companion channels in the digital lineup?

1 - 20 of 307 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.